Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Tips for Job Seekers
Here are some simple tips to help you with you job application:
- Place your most current experiences on top
- Use simple fonts like Arial & Times New Roman
- Make sure your contact numbers are working (having a landline number is an advantage)
- Indicate the best time for potential employers to reach you
- Use a professional looking photo (if your picture is required)
Most applicants disregard the cover letter. Submitting this document will give you an edge over your competition. Follow these easy pointers to gain an advantage over other jobseekers:
- Inform employers how you found out about their job vacancy
- Tell them what attracted you to apply for their company
- Specify what specific position you're applying for (DO NOT INDICATE "Any Position")
- Indicate what qualities on the company's job advertisement are inline with your experience(s), education, and skills
Most employers use the application process like an entrance exam. Follow instructions on how to apply carefully or else your application will be overlooked.
If you're not applying for a creative position, keep your resume format conservative and stick to the norms/standards. The following are the main sections that you should include in your resume:
- Current Address
- Contact Numbers (make sure these are updated)
- Email address (if applicable)
- Picture (if required)
- Indicate the position you are applying for here.
- Avoid typing "any position available". This will indicate that you are just trying your luck and it can reduce the chances of considering your application seriously.
- If you are planning to reproduce (photocopy) your resume in multiple copies, you may skip this section and just indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter.
- Always indicate the starting and ending date for the jobs you had.
- Start from the most recent (present job) going down chronologically to your previous jobs. Following this order will emphasize your current level of employment more easily.
- Indicate the major responsibilities per position
- Again, start with the latest education you had (usually college) down to the previous schools you attended.
- Indicate your college course (or major), the name of your school and it's general location (no need to indicate the street address because you want to save space for your other achievements).
- This section highlights the skills you have besides the ones required while working on your current or previous jobs
- We suggest that you use this only if it is connected to the job you are currently applying for.
- This section is optional, especially if you are running very low on space (remember you want to limit your resume to a maximum of two-pages).
- You may put "Available upon request".
- Make sure you ask permission from your references before submitting or indicating their names.
Frequently Asked Questions
To retrieve your password, open this link: https://mynimo.com/auth/forgot-password/applicants and enter your email address.
An activation link will be sent to your email. Just click it to create a new password.
This error happens when opening different jobs on multiple tabs/windows. To fix this, simply close the other tabs and leave only one tab open then "refresh" the page to generate a new Verification Code for your job application.
You can refresh the page by pressing the F5 button on Windows or Cmd + R keys on a Mac.
Email confirmations are sent to the email address used in the job application. Check your spam folder in case you didn't receive the confirmation in your inbox. If you can't find the email anywhere then there may have been a typo in the address you entered.
If you're sure that you used the correct email address and still didn't receive any confirmation email, please let us know by contacting us here: https://www.mynimo.com/feedback
Applications, including your resume, are directly forwarded to employers.
Interested companies will contact qualified applicants within 30 days from the date of application.
If the company's contact details are shown in their job posting, you can follow-up your application by contacting the employer directly. If no contact information is displayed, just wait for the employers call. While waiting, you can search and apply for other jobs vacancies.
Employers that post their job vacancies on Mynimo know that their ads are visible on the site for 30-days. Job postings are automatically deleted after this duration. For cases where vacancies are filled before 30-days, employers delete their ads.
Employers normally maximize the 30-day advertising period to get a selection of the most qualified applicants for their organizations.
Keeping our job listing relevant for our users is our highest priority. We have a team dedicated to making sure that our content is updated. You can also do your part to help update our list. If you applied for a job that has already been filled, please inform us by emailing email@example.com and we will act on it immediately.
Applications that are submitted cannot be edited anymore. We recommend resending your application with your edited cover letter and resume INCLUDING an explanation of the corrections you made so the employer can take note of them.
Yes, you can! As long as the job vacancy is still available, you can re-apply. However, there might be a reason that the employer didn't contact you the first time. Review the job requirements and edit your resume accordingly to show why you are qualified for the job.
Try to searching for related jobs at other companies, too!
You can submit your application in person at the address specified on each job posting. If no address is displayed, this means that the employer only accepts online job applications.
For your convenience, we recommend applying online.
We do not recommend applying to jobs that are already closed. We encourage you to apply for other similar jobs that are still open.
To report website issues, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be great if you can also send us screenshots of the issue you encountered. Otherwise, a description of the issue will be fine. Include your contact number/s in you message so we can reach out to you and resolve the issue immediately.
You may also click here to contact us.
- To delete your account click: https://www.mynimo.com/auth/login/applicants
- Click on “Account Settings” then “Delete Account”.
*Please note that you will automatically be unsubscribed to all emails and notifications from Mynimo.
Frequently Asked Questions (Employers)
To edit or delete your job posting, login to your account and click on the job details you want to edit. Click here to login to your account.
Employers can only edit job postings within 3 days after posting. Editing job postings beyond 3 days are subject to approval, email your request to email@example.com.