Senior Android Software Engineer
₱80,000 - 100,000 per month
2 to 4 Years
Open to Work From Home
With Business Certificates
Established in 2016
Work From Home, Cebu
Posted On: September 29, 2022
Job ID: 412490
SENIOR ANDROID SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Salary Range: Php 80,000 to Php 100,000
Location: Cebu City (Work from Home)
Work Hours: 8am to 5am Eastern Time (8pm to 5am / 9pm to 6am Philippine Time)
US company is looking for experienced and talented Android Software Engineer.
Our software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how people buy cars in the United States. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond credit scores. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, and security; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to our needs as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineer to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Who we’re looking for:
- Proven work experience as an Android Software Engineer.
- You're a fast learner, flexible, and able to quickly adapt to change.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch.”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Must have at least 3 years experience working for an international company, preferably the United States.
- Experience in developing iOS apps, a plus.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Design and implement advanced features.
- Work with exciting and innovative technologies for Android devices.
- Help improve user experience for our products and services.
- Collaborate with visual designers, prototypers and product managers.
- Participate in regular design reviews.