- Accounting / Finance (234)
- Admin / Office / Clerical (158)
- Agriculture / Veterinary (1)
- Airline / Airport (5)
- Arts / Media / Design (68)
- Call Center / BPO (455)
- Domestic / Caretaker (6)
- Education / Schools (43)
- Engineering / Architecture (200)
- Food / Restaurant (57)
- Foreign Language (5)
- Government / Non-profit (3)
- HR / Recruitment / Training (144)
- Health / Medical / Science (96)
- Hotel / Spa / Salon (30)
- IT / Computers (324)
- Legal / Documentation (3)
- Logistics / Warehousing (29)
- Maritime / Seabased (16)
- Production / Manufacturing (28)
- Purchasing / Buyer (33)
- Sales / Marketing / Retail (205)
- Skilled Work / Technical (90)
- Internship (8)
- Others (9)
Back to Search Results
Managerial / Supervisory
With Business Certificates
Established in 2010
16F AppleOne Equicom Tower, Mindanao Ave. Cor. Biliran Rd., Cebu Business Park, Luz, Cebu City, Cebu
Total vacancies for this job title: 1
Posted On: January 12, 2022
Job ID: 394144
As part of our expansion plans, we are looking for the following qualified applicants to join our team:
We are urgently looking for a PURCHASING MANAGER who is responsible for the timely placement of purchase orders and delivery of materials for our medical and health-related affiliate company to meet the order requirements. Acts as the company’s main procuring manager and provides direction and guidance in pricing management perspective to obtain optimum benefits in terms of quality, quantity, price and time.
1. Quotation Management
Obtains quotations from suppliers so that purchases are made in the best interest of the company in terms of discount, cost, quality and timeliness of delivery.
- Obtains quotations by fax, telephones, etc.
- Maintains data base of prices on goods and services
- Prepares “Summary Sheets” for suppliers’ quotations
- Determines the right suppliers, in conjunction with users.
Ensures the lowest cost consistent with required quality standards on a timely basis by procuring materials, services, equipment and supplies.
- Initiates and/or determines the validity of the purchase requisitions received from requesting units as required.
- Identifies local vendors and negotiates rates
- Maintains professional working relationship with local vendors
2. Completion of Purchase Forms
Ensures that purchase documentation upon authorization are in place
- Receives Purchase Requisitions from requesting departments as basis for asking quotes from suppliers
- Assigns the Purchasing Assistant to raise Purchase Orders based on authorizations
- Sends purchase orders to suppliers
- Expedites delivery/ies of goods and materials
- Prepares monthly report on outstanding Purchase Orders
3. Market Survey
Performs regular checks on prices of items in the market to ensure prices quoted by suppliers are competitive
Reviews and enhances knowledge of new products in the market so as to improve the quality of materials and supplies and obtain up-to-date information
Identifies products for potential substitution to save cost but maintains quality
- Introduces local products in place of imported products
- Substitutes one brand with another
- Buys direct from source instead of through third party
Maintains the competitive status and profitability of the purchasing operation and recommends appropriate action to be taken.
- Provides assistance in the calculation of cost and goods and services based on purchase price
- Secures competitive bids as required or requested
4. Supplier’s Data Bank
Maintains up-to-date information of all sources in order to facilitate purchases
- Keeps track and records of all suppliers including the following information telephone/facsimile numbers, addresses, contact person, etc.
Communicates with owners, COO and department heads on the changing market trends so that appropriate actions can be taken
Attends departmental meetings when called
Conducts regular meetings with staff
6. General Responsibilities
Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matter of significance
Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the company
Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment
At all times project a favorable image to the public
Performs any other duties and tasks that may be assigned by the immediate superior from time to time
The previously mentioned key areas and responsibilities reflect the items considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
1. Responsibility for performing and/or adhering to applicable internal control policies and procedures;
2. Responsibility for carrying out activities and tasks in the required standard or quality, and in accordance with generally binding legal and internal regulations of the Company;
3. Responsibility for adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct and Ethics for employees.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Canvassing/Sourcing of vendors for best value.
Negotiates with vendors on payment terms and delivery.
Evaluates vendors prior to enrollment into the system. Conducts vendor audit.
Monitors and evaluates vendors. Works with vendors for cost reduction initiatives.
Attends training and sharing best practice forums.
Continuously review current systems to improve performance.
Coordinates with end users to rationalize requirements for cost reduction initiatives.
Takes proper care of his computer or other office equipment.
Observes appropriate protocol on approval of purchases according to value.
Job Qualifications :
Graduate of any discipline/degree
Preferably holder of Diploma in Purchasing and Material Supplies
Minimum of 4 years as Purchasing Supervisor or Manager in a medical or health-related company;
Oral and written fluency in English
Basic understanding of local language
Excellent negotiation skills
With strong Initiative
Knowledge in accounting concept
Knowledgeable in SAP
How to Apply
Send your resume and application letter to the following address:
16th Floor of AppleOne Equicom Tower, Mindanao Ave., Cor Biliran Road, Cebu Business Park
For more information, feel free to contact us:
0917-589-9301 I 0932-945-8913 I 260-3969
Look for THERESE