Back to Search Results
With Business Certificates
Established in 1997
Mabolo, Cebu City, Cebu
Total vacancies for this job title: 2
Posted On: October 20, 2021
Job ID: 388755
Journalism that builds communities”
Inquirer Interactive Inc. is among the companies that comprise the multi-media platform group Inquirer Group of Companies.
Titles under this organization are Cebu Daily News Digital, Inquirer.net, InqPOP! and Bandera.
Is currently looking for:
- Writes breaking stories based on information gathered from news coverage, statements and other new gathers information and produces journalistic content -- in the form of stories, images and videos -- for the CDN Digital website and also the Inquirer.net website as needed.
- Takes photos, shoots video as required by the coverage.
- Posts updates on social media (e.g. tweets and Facebook Live).
- Cultivates sources and plans interviews for exclusive, in-depth or feature stories.
- Creates multimedia and interactive content (such as infographics) from time to time.
- Adheres to the news organization’s prescribed editorial style and the Journalists’ Code of Ethics.
- Performs General Assignments duties for the various INQUIRER.net news desks as assigned from time to time.
- Performs other related tasks that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, CDN Digital is currently on a full work-from-home arrangement until further notice. The successful candidate for this position must be able to perform the above duties remotely.
The successful candidate must also be willing to conduct field work in the current situation without prejudice to the prevailing quarantine and/or government protocols.
- College Graduate, STRICTLY majoring in Journalism or Communication Arts.
- WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Preferably 1-2 year experience in a related field; open to fresh graduates with related experience.
- Must be willing to perform field work on a daily basis.
- Must have access to Cebu City In-depth knowledge of all things Cebu
- Required languages/dialects: Cebuano, English, Filipino
- Must have the necessary facilities to work from home when needed
- Must be able to thrive working in a virtual/remote setting
Rest Day Schedule: Shifting
Time of Work: 9AM - 6PM (usual schedule but may change depending on the news beat)