Back to Search Results
Software Development Manager
Managerial / Supervisory
Open to Work From Home
With Business Certificates
Established in 1998
Work From Home, Misamis Oriental
Posted On: September 14, 2021
Job ID: 388034
(Temporarily Work from Home)
Office Address: 7/F Cebu IT Tower 1, Cebu Business Park, Luz, Cebu City, Cebu
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we assist more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, K-12 schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,200+ employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though thatâ€™s a great perk). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and weâ€™re looking for great employees to join us!
YM Careers is seeking for a talented Software Development Manager who is responsible for leading the full lifecycle of development from concept to post-production support and maintenance of server / OS / desktop / web / mobile applications and services. This position will lead a team of developers, architects and quality analysts to create measurable value and deliver software to market using industry recognized agile methodologies and best practices. The Development Manager will be responsible for measuring and reporting various software-development-centric KPIs such as velocity, capacity, cost of delay, bug rates, etc. This position will contribute to development efforts as needed to meet deadlines and expectations. This position will be located in our Cebu Office.
In this role youâ€™ll have:
- Supervisory responsibilities including hiring, professional development, personnel issues, etc. of one or more development teams.
- Technical leadership for one or more development teams.
- Lead both small and large, cross functional initiatives in a matrix managed structure.
- Maintain balance of business and technical acumen in decision making.
- Manage and report on team productivity and quality metrics.
- Must demonstrate good decision making and effective business acumen.
- Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Must have a growth mindset and subscribe to a continuous learning philosophy.
- Demonstrate expertise and mastery in your area of technology and industry.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships.
We'd love to have you if you possess...
- 6+ years of professional Software Development experience.
- 2+ years of technology personnel management or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the following
- ColdFusion 11+ / Lucee 4+
- Relational Databases (SQL Server preferred)
- Web Services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST)
- Working knowledge of toolsets such as:
- Build Tools: VSTS Online/TFS, TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Source Control: Git or like
- Work Request Systems: TFS, Jira
- SDLC Methodologies:
- Agile, SCRUM, use of architectural patterns/frameworks
- Ability to coach and mentor technical leaders and developers
- Strong leadership, listening, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to verify and define requirements for projects and request
- Ability to properly assess and articulate risk
Preferred Education and Experience
- B.S. or higher in computer science/technology field preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent customer-service orientation
- Effective delegation of tasks and follow-up
- Lead technology assessments and author recommendations
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development and implementation of software solutions
- Knowledgeable of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Capable of meeting deadlines and focuses on results and value creation
- Capable of professionally resolving team issues/conflicts
- Works well with customers and vendors, knows when and how hard to push to maintain a stable and reliable environment
- Leads successful operations in accordance with the organizationâ€™s goals and objectives
- Capable of leading research into application development issues to successful completion
- Self-motivated and directed
- Capable of prioritizing and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and regulations preferred (PCI, PII, PHI, HIPAA, GDPR, ADA, etc.)
Good People, Doing Good Things
Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us. And we look forward to you being part of our story!
At Community Brands, a great company awaits you...
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Generous Allowances and Benefits
- Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Flexible Planned Paid Time Off
- Annual Leave Credit Conversion
- Medical Insurance
- Dependents' HMO Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Comprehensive Life Insurance
- Casual Environment
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life Balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Equal Opportunity Employer