Back to Search Results
Customer Technical Support (SSTS)
2 to 4 Years
With Business Certificates
Established in 2006
Luz, Cebu City, Cebu
Posted On: October 18, 2021
Job ID: 387813
STUDENT SUCCESS TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- ProTEK/ProXAM Supervisor
Offensive Security (OffSec) is the world’s most trusted provider of cyber security training and certification. Our rigorous training programs are industry-standard and our certified alumni highly sought-after. We help businesses, government, and educational institutions become more secure. We help individuals enter or advance their careers in cyber security.
Built upon the belief that the only way to achieve sound defensive security is to take an offensive approach, we help people develop the Try Harder mindset with hands-on, real-world like labs, and equip them with the skills to succeed in tackling the challenges of cyber security in everyday life and work. Our mission is to empower the world to fight cyber threats by inspiring the Try Harder mindset.
The Student Success Technical Support is responsible for providing general and technical support for tickets in email and real time chat.
This position will also engage in Proctoring work if utilization of its main function, as SSTS, is low.
This role is a full-time salaried position with a flexible shift work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide general and technical service in help@ ticket and chats support to Offensive Security students via email (Zendesk and Discord Platform)
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support for Linux and Windows operating systems
- Troubleshoot VPN, remote access, RDP, and other issues
- Test and verify Offensive Security lab systems and products
- Provision student access to OffSec and community platforms
- Moderate student forums and community platforms to ensure guidelines and instructions are followed
- Proactively work on process development, improvements and solutioning to achieve operational efficiency and scalability
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (HD, SRE, Engineering, SA, SSA teams) for cross-functional alignment
- Participate in projects for the implementation of new functions, services, etc
- Perform other duties as needed
- BS Degree of Computer Science or Information Technology
- Adept experience in end-user technical support
- Advanced experience in operating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows operating systems
- Extensive experience in VPN, virtualization and cloud computing
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- A strong belief and understanding of being a team player in a remote working environment
- Off hours, weekends and holidays support
- Certifications relevant to the job responsibilities is a plus
- Strong knowledge of networking, virtualization, Windows, and Linux
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent analytical and investigation skills
- Prior experience in working remotely
- Experience working with a trouble ticket system
- Experience with scripting and automation using Bash, Python, or Perl
This role is a full-time salaried position with shift work required, including evening, weekends and holidays as needed. The shift hours will be determined by the hiring manager.