Back to Search Results
Mid Product Quality/QA Engineer
2 to 4 Years
Established in 2019
Work From Home, Cebu
Total vacancies for this job title: 5
Posted On: July 27, 2021
Job ID: 384283
Umpisa Inc., is a promising and growing technology and data company. Our vision is to make the Philippines known as a top tech hub of digital businesses and talent. We are doing this by being a partner of our clients in building lasting and impactful digital businesses and products for people.
MID PRODUCT QUALITY/QA ENGINEER
- We look for people who strive for excellence, have great work ethics and fun to work with.
- The Product Quality/QA Engineer performs his/her duty as the main quality gate keeper and take the full ownership of all QA activities within the agile team assigned to him/her.
- The Product Quality/QA Engineer will play a key role in ensuring appropriate standard of quality assurance implemented in all Test Phases.
- The Product Quality/QA Engineer will act as quality advocate on behalf of the Client(s) and internal stakeholders, to confirm the delivered product solution fits for purpose and meet the business requirement.
- Closely collaborate with all other team members (scrum master, developer, business and project stakeholders)
- Being positive and solution-oriented towards team members and stakeholders
- Exercise critical, quality-oriented and skeptical thinking about the product solution
- Participates in the daily stand-up meeting, presents testing progress and challenges
- Actively acquire information from stakeholders rather than relying entirely on written specifications
- Work effectively to define testable user stories, prepare test scenarios, test cases
- Execute and automate test cases
- Accurately evaluate and report test results, test progress and product quality
- Responding to change quickly, including changing, adding or improving test cases
- Implements a well-structured approach to test defect management and incident reporting
- Constantly look at ways to improve processes and deliverables
- Plan and organize their own work
- Ensures effective issue escalation when there is a significant threat to delivery.
- Good understanding of Software Testing Life Cycle and Methodology
- Well versed in all QA activities - Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Test Closure and Test Monitoring
- Web and/or mobile testing and automation
- Business analysis skill to understand business requirements
- Organizational skills and ability to plan time and task effectively to ensure objectives and deadlines are met
- Able to effectively deal with changing priorities or obstacles and to provide alternative options or solutions
- Working knowledge of Test Management tool and Defect Management tool
- Working knowledge of test automation tools
- Well versed in Agile methodology
- Customer Service - ability to meet and strive to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by producing quality work and service
- Communications - communicates issues effectively and in timely manner to other team members and customers
- Drive for Results - able to go the "extra mile" to achieve tasks, objectives and targets
- Teamwork - able to work together with colleagues to pool skills, ideas and resources to achieve objectives and resolve problems
- Time Management - able to prioritize tasks to meet business, department and job needs
- Analytical Thining - able to systematically break apart complex problems (written, verbal or numerical)
- Resilience - ability to work well under pressure
NOTE: The list of qualifications is a guide. Best case if the candidate possesses ALL the required/desired criteria, but then again this is a GUIDE.
Why Join Us?
- Paid Training
- Employee Stock Option
- Health Insurance
- Additional Leaves
- Regular Company Socials