Back to Search Results
Power BI Developer
2 to 4 Years
Open to Work From Home
A2B Solution Group
Established in 2019
Posted On: July 26, 2021
Job ID: 383811
POWER BI DEVELOPER
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
POSITION SUMMARY and PURPOSE
The Microsoft Power BI Developer focuses on building cutting-edge business intelligence solutions leveraging Power BI and other Microsoft BI / Cloud stack (SSIS, Data Factory, Azure DW, SSAS). You will use your experience in data engineering and data visualization to work with clients of all sizes across a variety of industries to help them become more data-driven by providing timely, trustworthy data and insights.
- Visualize data and information for business customers through the creation of reports and queries using Microsoft’s technology stack.
- Create Power BI reports based on business requirements with linked content, drill-downs, and nested parameters.
- Optimize Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization.
- Design data architecture structures necessary to support BI initiatives.
- Manage data integration, between core business applications and data lakes, data marts, etc.
- Develop concepts of reports, analytics and visualization development, using DAX, SQL, tuning, data models, and semantic models.
- Understand cloud migration techniques (on-premise to Cloud Platforms)
- Performance tune products including, but not limited to, load balancing, caching, etc
- Create and administer App Workspaces to control permissions and access to the PBI dashboard.
- Partner with Customer Service DBAs to source necessary data, map source data to target structures, and define query methods.
- Ensure reports meet data accuracy, query performance, usability, and functionality requirements.
- Leverage MS BI tools to answer questions, solve problems, and create reporting solutions.
- Create technical and maintenance documentation as needed.
- Communicate effectively with both business, technical stakeholders as well as leadership
What we are looking for: A2B Capabilities & Values
At A2B our values are at the heart of everything that we do. We act for our customers, take care of each other and we work to continuously improve. We are looking for individuals who are committed to achieving results, able to work in an agile and changing environment, deliver service excellence, able to communicate openly and honestly and work effectively within a small team.
- Strong understanding of the following concepts: Data visualization, Data modeling, ETL Design and Development, Data lineage, integrity, and validation. Data quality/clean up
- Design and develop reports and dashboards using PowerBI
- Design and develop database stored procedures, functions, views and queries using various SQL standards (e.g. T-SQL, PL/SQL, etc.)
- Design, develop, tune and maintain ETL packages using ETL tools such as SSIS and Azure Data Factory
- Hands-on experiences with Azure tools or their analogs AWS / Google cloud tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving and organizational abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience that includes coding with VBA for Excel and Access or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training
PERSONALITY TRAITS WE VALUE
- You play well with others – you are collaborative, respectful, transparent and self-motivated.
- You take ownership and seek (and provide) constructive feedback.
- You are biased towards action – you focus on getting things done and, when acting in the best interests and possessing the right skills, choose “forgiveness over permission”!
- You have a growth mindset – you are actively curious about how our systems work, and demand the best of yourself and from those around you. You are able to demonstrate a continuous improvement bent of mind.
- You have a resilient mindset – you bring positivity to yourself and those around you, even in less than ideal circumstances. You focus on solutions rather than dwelling on problems.
- You seek technical excellence – you are looking to constantly “level up” your game. You have side projects that you can demonstrate or contribute to open-source projects.
- You exhibit leadership skills at all levels – You enjoy coaching and mentoring people – regardless of your official title.
- You love sharing knowledge – you are constantly looking for opportunities to present on topics close to your heart. You put your hand up to organise sessions like brown bags etc. and encourage others to do the same.