Back to Search Results
2 to 4 Years
With Business Certificates
Established in 1924
P.O. Box 735, Pit-os, Cebu City, Cebu
Posted On: June 9, 2021
Job ID: 382373
CEBU INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL needs a School Nurse to become member of our multi-national team.
School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well being, academic success and life-long achievements of students. To that end, the school nurse facilitates positive student responses to normal development, promote health and safety, intervene with actual and potential health problems, provide case management services and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for self-management and learning.
The School Nurse administers the student health program in terms of first aid, emergency services, referrals and follow-up, accident reports and student health records. She prepares and follows up requisition of clinic materials and supplies, ensures school sanitation and cleanliness and submits periodic reports on health services. She may perform related tasks as may be assigned by the Administration.
The School Nurse is expected to maintain complete confidentiality in all matters related to the clinic.
A. School Organization/Administration
The School Nurse is expected to:
- Initiate the purchase of visual aids like posters and bulletin board for news on health updates or other health related issues;
- Restructure the students’ medical record which should be updated yearly;
- Perform first aid in the clinic;
- Administer prescribed medicines to students who are suffering minor symptoms in school;
- Rearrange the physical set up of the clinic to be more functional;
- Check the medical files of school population;
- Report any possible health hazard inside the campus;
- Develop policies, procedures and work standards for school health program;
- Monitor compliance of school health program with local government agencies;
- Negotiate professional and medical services essential to the school health program;
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students, teachers and staff;
- Recommend corrective action where health problems are identified;
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children;
- Assume responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management and referral activities for students and employees;
- Provide for the promotion and maintenance of health as well as the prevention of illness and injuries. This facilitates the removal of health-related barriers to learning and promote an optimal level of wellness for students and staff;
- To be responsible for direct and indirect care given to students in compliance with school policies, professional standards of practice and the individual health plan;
- Implement programs and services designed to provide for the detection and follow-up of health problems, crisis intervention for ill and injured students, control of infectious diseases within the school environment and planning with the Administration for the appropriate education placement of the students with health problems.
B. School Community
The School Nurse is expected to:
- Handle Red Cross Club and promote social awareness to elementary students (discuss herbal medicine and its economic value).
- Promote a “child friendly” clinic atmosphere to encourage verbalization of health and school related problems among students;
- Observe and join the students in their annual school activities such as sports fest and school plays;
- Provide health seminars to school personnel and students;
- Initiate an open friendly interaction among high school students about prohibited drugs and drug related problems;
- Give referrals to doctors (EENT and internist) regarding students who suffer from usual symptoms;
- Make note of students with potential health problems;
- Discuss special health concerns with parents, determine if parents give permission for their child to keep and administer his/her own medication;
- Make a written summary of health concerns like health problems requiring medical care of consultation.
Required skills and knowledge for this position are indicated below. These abilities are preferred but not essential.
- Must be a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a school nurse
- At least 5years experience working as a nurse preferably in a school
- Good communication skills and able to work well with the administration, students, faculty and staff
- Adept in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and has sound work ethics
- Systematic and knowledgeable about school clinic procedures
- Tact and interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with employees and students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders and treatment
- Considerable knowledge of child growth and development
- Working knowledge of government laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and co-employees
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants may send their application letter, updated CV/Resume and 3 referees with their contact details (email address, telephone and /or mobile numbers) on or before June 30, 2021 to: email@example.com