Back to Search Results
Senior or Mid-Python Engineer
Established in 2019
Total vacancies for this job title: 2
Posted On: June 14, 2021
Job ID: 381322
At Umpisa Inc., we are building great digital businesses, products and people. We create a set of world-class and impactful products and solutions to help organizations and individuals live better lives. We offer demanding, challenging and rewarding careers in software development, product development, emerging technologies, and more, along with excellent benefits, competitive salaries, collaborative culture, and a world of opportunities for the right candidates.
SENIOR OR MID-PYTHON ENGINEER
In this position, you will participate in the development of a flagship application.
- Aligns with our values: Excellence, Integrity, Professionalism, People Success, Customer Success, Fun, Innovation, and Diversity
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Would like to work as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled agile framework
- Excellent human relations and customer service calls
- At least 1-2 years experience in the related field
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker & Kubernetes is a huge advantage
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages. (Background knowledge is a plus)
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance. (Background knowledge is a plus)
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Bitbucket, Git, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
Why Join Us?
- Paid Training
- Employee Stock Option
- Health Insurance
- Additional Leaves
- Regular Company Socials
Rest Day Schedule: Saturday and Sunday
Time of Work: 5 pm to 2 am PHT (but flexible)