Back to Search Results
Mechanical Design Engineer
2 to 4 Years
With Business Certificates
Established in 1969
Sinulog Drive, MEZ II, Basak, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu
Posted On: June 9, 2021
Job ID: 380809
Flex is the manufacturing partner of choice that helps a diverse customer base design and build products that improve the world. Through the collective strength of a global workforce across 30 countries and responsible, sustainable operations, Flex delivers technology innovation, supply chain, and manufacturing solutions to various industries and end markets.
Create the extraordinary:
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Are you ready for the next step in your career?
We value our talented teams and strive to help our colleagues elevate their careers before recruiting outside talent to our open positions. If you think, this new opportunity is the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply!
Let's create the extraordinary together
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be based in Cebu, Philippines. The position is responsible for the designing, validating, and implementing innovative and cost effective product solutions of complex scope in order to support the organization in prototype development through full-scale production
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Apply complex design practices and procedures to assigned product portfolio in areas like sheet metal design/fabrication, soft tooling proceses (sheet metal stamping/fabrication, tig/mig/spot welding) and equipment, telecomm infrastructure products such as chassis, cabinets, racks, shelving, etc.
- Integrate multiple elements of finished design (such as backplane/interconnect, power distribution and thermal management)
- Work with other members of the development team to support corporate design initiatives.
- Prepare recommendations for production and technology roadmaps that support customer expectations.
- Assist in generating production and technology roadmaps that support customer expectations.
- Support actively customer base with design improvement that enhance manufacturability and assembly while minimizing costs.
- Provide complex technical support to customer base to enhance manufacturability and assembly while minimizing costs.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years' experience in Mechanical design works (2D/3D Activities)
- High Proficiency in UG-NX with CATIA background would be a plus.
- Component Selection Exporience Based on Customer Engineering Requirements & Specifications
- Engineering Change Control Processes and Evaluation of Change Options and cost management
- Strong organization and communication skills and Ability to Document Project & Product Design Elements
- Experience in part analyses (RSS, FEAs, Moldflow) with GD&T experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Team Center or other similar PLM Systems
- Familiarity with Plastics and Tooling
- Performs design/task reviews to ensure adherence to standards, specifications and work instructions
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.