Back to Search Results
₱18,000 - 20,000 per month
2 to 4 Years
With Business Certificates
Established in 2017
Warehouse No. 6, 3in1 Mktg., P.C. Suico St., Sitio Paradise, Tabok, Mandaue City, Cebu
Posted On: June 11, 2021
Job ID: 380648
Qraft Cabinet Solutions is a custom cabinet manufacturing firm in Metro Cebu owned and managed by architects and interior designers.
We are hiring for the following:
Level of Position: Supervisory/Management
The Product Design Engineer performs a combination of design and engineering work in all projects and works with other department and production to ensure proper implementation of design. This includes incorporating the appropriate design elements and standards as well as consideration of manufacturing requirements and efficiencies.
Reviews design and layout of cabinets
- Outline client design objectives
- Conceptualize and sketch design plans
- Review design proposals if they follow standards on anthropometrics, circulation and cabinet module construction standards
- Leads the development of technical, manufacturable designs from initial product concepts to implementation.
- Monitors quality and design issues and deploy projects to reduce customer pain points.
- May communicate with clients regarding issues on design and technical.
- Create, communicate, verify and validate product specifications to internal and external designers for all projects
Manages Product Technical / Engineering construction and specifications
- Finding best technical solutions for furniture construction, creating documentation and drawings.
- Drives the implementation and management of all CAD modeling throughout the planning process, including management of all product engineering drawings and construction drawings (CD) releases.
- Assist in costing and logistical information
- Creates bill of materials and understands related costs for each component, as well as labor and burden costs associated with building the product.
- Work closely with production supervisors and engineering to develop cost-effective solutions to manufacturing production issues/ Value Engineering
- Manages team schedule for projects and quotes to be delivered on time
- Train, recruit, and select team members for replacement or hiring
- Conducts routine reporting for team members productivity
- Evaluate each subordinate on their performance
- Keep current with seat and back cushion construction, motion options, mechanism part numbers and style archives
- The Product Engineer will work primarily with team members on development of best practices and process inspections, standards and overall product quality across the growing supplier base. Verifying process controls are implemented and working while continuously improving the product through the eyes of the customer.
- Research new design and best practices on cabinet module construction.
- Learn new mechanisms in application to cabinet construction.
- Participates in activities as appropriate to ensure the success of the organization.
- Be knowledgeable with respect to competitors and their activities to identify product differentiation opportunities
- Other responsibilities include gathering and prioritizing product customer requirements, defining the product vision, working closely with Product Management, Sales, Design Consultancies, Marketing Communications, Supply Chain, Suppliers, and Customer Support to deliver winning products that ensure incremental revenue, customer satisfaction, time to market, and margin goals are met.
- Ensure that current and historical information involved in the development of projects are being properly archived for future reference
- Collaborate with Marketing in the completion of sell-sheets, customer-facing specifications, and user instructions
- Improves, streamlines and implements standardized processes and procedures
- Maintains and updates the relevant product information in systems including items, descriptions, costs, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field. Substantial experience in furniture industry or modular cabinetry is a must.
- At least 3 years of experience
Skills and Abilities Required:
- An in-depth understanding of structural loads and capacity
- Knows anthropometrics, ergonomics and designing space.
- Strong creative thinking and brainstorming
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Project Management capabilities
- Has well developed attention to details, team oriented, diplomatic, curious, motivated & organized.
- Deep understanding of the design process
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to sketch ideas and concepts to communicate intent
Computer equipment and level of software requirements:
- Must possess a high competency with common office software such as Word and Excel.
- Proficient in Sketch Up
- Proficient in Auto Cad
Compensation and Benefits:
- 18,000 to 20,000.00
- Monthly Salaries
- Government Statutory benefits on day one
- 10 days SL/VL