Back to Search Results
Pollution Control Officer
2 to 4 Years
With business certificates
Corner Coral Street and Ruby Street, Marfori Heights, Ma-a, Davao City, Davao del Sur
Posted On: May 11, 2021
Job ID: 379703
- Attends to all permitting and registration requirements of the establishment.
- Ensures that hazardous wastes Treatment Storage and Disposal (TSD) facilities are properly operated and maintained.
- Monitors compliance to the requirements specified in the Environmental Compliance Certificate and the commitments stipulated in the Environmental Management and Monitoring Plans or Environmental Performance Report and Management Plans and report the same in the Compliance Monitoring Report (CMR)
- Together with the Managing Head, ensures compliance with the requirements of PD 1586. RA 6969, RA 8749, RA 9003, RA 9275, their respective implementing rules and regulations (IRRs, and other pertinent rules and regulations)
- Ensures the proper performance, operation, and maintenance of environmental management facilities or systems of the establishment.
- Wastewater treatment facilities;
- Air pollution control devices referred to in DAO 2000-03,
- Hazardous waste management storage areas (permanent or temporary);
- Solid waste segregation/management facilities (i.e. MRFs, sanitary landfills, composting facilities, etc.);
- Environmental monitoring devices such as the Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems, Air Monitoring Stations, effluent flow metering/measuring devices, groundwater monitoring wells, and other environmental monitoring devices.
- Monitor activities pertaining to the operation and maintenance of pollution control facilities to ensure compliance with the Effluent Standards and report monitoring results to DENR as part of the SMR
- Coordinate regulatory programs and activities with the city/provincial/municipal governments (if applicable)
- Promptly submits CMRs and SMRs , duly accomplished and signed by the PCOs, approved and certified correct by the Managing Head, and notarized
- Attends as the duly authorized representative of the establishment, technical conferences, hearings, and meetings especially on matters pertaining to pollution cases of the establishment
- Initiates and intensify environmental management activities including awareness campaign within their organization
- Monitor the use of chemicals, especially those listed under the Priority Chemicals List (PCL) and those with the Chemical Control Orders (CCO) and the generation of solid and hazardous wastes. Monitoring data shall be submitted as part of the SMR and the PCL Compliance Certificate.
- Must be a licensed engineer/chemist or at least with 2-year of relevant experience in environmental management.
- Has valid and complete basic Pollution Control Officer (PCO) Training Course
- With excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Knowledge in computer: Microsoft (Excel, Word, Power Point Physically fit and healthy