Are you an experienced database administrator with solid database and performance tuning experience? Do you keep up with the latest innovations in the information technology? When things go wrong, do you zero in on the problem fast? While you’re looking for the solution, do your database systems keep running as normal, because you’ve built in the right redundancies and automated recovery processes? Do you enjoy working with new technologies and like to work on the cutting edge?
We’re a global provider of quality control and compliance services that helps brands and retailers manage their supply chains. Every year, we deliver some 250,000 inspections, audits, and lab tests. Our service quality is very important to us – in fact, “Client Passion” is among our core company values.
QIMA has been a pioneer in its industry to have launched a Quality Management system platform, providing to its clients Supply Chain performance dashboards and indicators.
Based in our Cebu office and reporting directly to the Senior Database Administrator, you will be expected to:
• Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
• Develop processes for optimizing database security.
• Designing schema, access patterns, locking strategy, SQL development, and tuning.
• Optimizing application and end-user queries (reactive tuning)
• Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
• Engagement in technical and database related documentation
• Designing and implementing disaster recovery (DR) solutions
• Proactive performance tuning and Archiving data
• Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
• Work in a hybrid cloud environment – AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure
• Design and implement reusable solutions that are capable of meeting immediate needs with future enhancements in mind.
• Follow standard software lifecycle processes, version control, and CI/CD through the use of ADO/GitHub repositories as appropriate.
In order to succeed in this role, you must:
• Have a solid academic background related to Computer Science or technical related Degree
• At least 5 years’ experience in Database Administration
• In-depth knowledge of Linux, Windows, AWS, RDS, Oracle Database
• Be fluent in English It also helps if you have:
• Familiarity with PostgreSQL DB, MSSQL & different cloud service providers
• Database & Cloud certifications is as plus
• Have extensive knowledge of computer systems, operating systems & other DB technologies.
• Be a great communicator who understands client’s needs and can communicate technical information to lay persons;
• Good at managing your own schedule without close supervision;