While COVID has proven challenging, Team PhotoUp has risen to the challenge, having produced our best year on record thanks to our agile and innovative product and operations teams. Over the past eight years, PhotoUp has grown from four people in Cebu with an idea to a thriving company of hundreds of employees. PhotoUp offers market-leading real estate marketing solutions for real estate agents and photographers, including advanced photo editing, virtual property staging, single property websites, and virtual assistants. All our services are powered by our suite of business software we simply call the PhotoUp Platform. Our platform will process 60,000+ orders this year, millions of photos with virtually zero downtime.
A (Big & Exciting) Job
PhotoUp is looking to hire a seasoned senior developer who is looking for a long-term, challenging, and engaging project. You will work closely with our Director of Design, Lead Developer, and CEO to reimagine and rebuild the heart of our platform: our production web application.
Our production app is the web-based app our production teams directly interface with, including photo editors, virtual staging artists, and production managers. It is how our team intelligently distributes hundreds of orders per day to a network of in-office, home-based, and freelancer staff around the globe in real-time.
However, far more than just an order distribution system, we seek in the next iteration of our platform to gamify the platform. Our system is based on credits, and staff can claim orders to gain credits and based on their performance, earn bounties and bonuses (think of any online game: bounties can be for achieving a hard task, having a streak of good ratings, speed, etc). With this new system, we hope to run competitions, have leaderboards, design custom badges, etc which helps transform remote working due to COVID, into a more engaging, exciting, and community-driven experience.
This next version of the production app will be designed in our awesome new V4 styling and be a complete rebuild of the code as a stand-alone PHP/Angular app driven by the PhotoUp API. You will be supported with 1-2 dedicated front-end developers, a senior designs, another backend developer, and a project manager.
PhotoUp fosters a positive, kind, design-centric culture that values community, quality, and personal growth. Come join our kick-ass team as we revolutionize how photographers and realtors around the world market real estate in the new, all-digital COVID era.
The ideal candidate is a brilliant, battled-tested developer with a positive, team-forward attitude who can deliver on deadlines and communicate remotely with a team daily. The candidate is driven to always keep improving her/his programming skills, likely codes for fun in their spare time and may have flunked English but aced programming.
The applicant should be highly self-motivated and also a team player. You should also love/respect well written, high-quality code, and be highly engaged in emerging technologies.
- Must have 6-8+ years of web development work experience and have been a senior developer or team lead in a previous position.
- We prefer candidates who have held their previous job at least two years or more (lessor experience will not be considered nor receive any consideration for this positions)
- A college degree is not required if you possess adequate skills.
- Advanced PHP
- Advanced in Angular JS (or React JS)
- Strong concept of OOP
- Rock solid MySQL
- Moderate HTML & CSS (you will have a dedicated front-end team)
- Own computer and a stable internet
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team
- Experience working in Linux platform
- General knowledge or interest in photography and the real estate industry is a plus.
- Pay starts at P40-60K per month on entry
- Health care plans available at six month
- Flexible work-from-home through 2021
- 10 days paid time off immediately
- 15 days paid time off at one year, 20 days paid time off at year two
- Standard Pag-ibig, PhilHealth and SSS benefits