Planner's job descriptions and responsibilities are the main activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Understand work scope, quantity and familiar with logical sequences in terms of engineering, manufacturing and construction disciplines.
2. Conduct field scoping to clarify scope as required.
3. Work with management and project development of work break down structure for progress measurement, scheduling, cost estimating and project control.
4. Prepare and manage overall master schedule integrating work break down structure using scheduling software.
5. Understand contractual matter, earn value method, familiar with scope management and change control. 6. Coordinate schedule from multiple contractors and incorporate the information gathered into the overall project master schedule.
7. Prepare cost estimation and schedule bar chart plan considering all in puts (manpower, equipment and materials) availability, production and construction sequences.
8. Develop work method of statement or procedure as required.
9. Understand and able to utilize planning tools such as MS excel, Access, MS Project, Primavera, Maximo, SAP and ERP.
10. Develop and update resource (manpower and equipment) histogram weekly or monthly as required.
11. Evaluate allocation of resources and provide recommendations to maintain required progress.
12. Develop and implement plan versus actual progress charts (histograms/S curves). Reports and analyses deviations from plan.
13. Track, monitor and forecast progress of all activities and deliverable such as products, engineering documents, fabrication status and construction of all discipline.
14. Analyze gaps between the planned and actual progress and highlight the areas of concern which required action of the associate task member.
15. Perform probabilistic analysis of completion dates and potential alternatives. Present risk based analysis of most likely completion and expected deviation range.
16. Prepare and update three weeks and three months look-ahead schedule that reflect the priority activities
17. Liaises with all team leaders and/or members to communicate required completion dates and interface between functional team/operational team and project team.
18. Participate all meeting (i.e. schedule review meeting, progress
meeting, coordination meeting, constructability review meeting and so on)
- He is a computer literate Engineer with very good skills in MS Excel and MS-Word, average to good software skills. He can update the Program of works and he can prepare the Weekly/Monthly progress reports. Minimum 2 Years Previous
Experience on site (Site Engineer/Quantity Surveyor e.t.c.)
2. Planning Engineer
- In addition to the skills and responsibilities of the Scheduler he is able to revise the Program of Works in accordance with issued variations orders or to recover delays.
- He can liaise with the Site Engineers and prepare/update. detailed monthly programs.
- He should have a minimum of 2years experience as Scheduler before he is given the status of Planning Engineer.
3. Senior Planning Engineer
- He is a computer literate Planning Engineer with excellent skills in MS-Excel, MS-Word. He has Very good skills in AutoCAD. He has an in-depth knowledge of project planning tool used by the company; he can attend and resolve standard technical issues of project planning tool used by the company (Installation/Configuration). He has the necessary skills and experience and with the support of the Project Team he can develop the Contract Program of Works. Good Understanding of Critical Path and Delay Analysis Techniques. He can perform time impact analysis and assist the quantity surveyor in the preparation of claims for extension of time. Minimum 3 years experience as Planning Engineer.
4. Planning Manager
- In addition to the skills and experience of the Planning Engineer he should be able to prepare the Contract Program of Works with minimum support from the Project Team. He has excellent technical skills in project planning tool used by the company and sound construction experience. He can manage and provide support to the Planning Engineers. He has contract law qualifications/experience, he can perform time impact analysis and he can prepare and submit a claim with minimum support by others. Minimum 3 years experience as Senior Planning Engineer.
5. Senior Planning Manager
- He has the skills and experience of the Planning Manager and he is responsible for defining the Company Procedures in terms of Project Planning. He is based at the head office of the Company and he is visiting the projects on a regular basis. He defines the requirements of the Projects in terms of Project Planning and is responsible for the Recruitment/ Assessment/ Promotion of the Planning Engineers. He maintains the registry of the Primavera Licenses and he is allocating them/purchasing new as required. He is evaluating new Primavera Versions and is making the decision when the company should move to the next version.
- Minimum 3Years Experience as Planning Manager.