DYNACAST SHIPBUILDING & REPAIRS INC.
Is looking for:
MARINE COMMERCIAL MANAGER
- Ensure a timely response to all client's enquiries - 1st point of contact, to create the program of work for production from agreed contracts and to organize the initial work packages and its dissemination.
- Managing the Shipyard bidding process and procedures including all quotations at all stages.
- Ensure vessel specifications are complete to ensure that the quotation is commercially / technically sound.
- Discuss the work required to be performed by a range of Subcontractors and issue "legally risk free" work orders to them.
- Ensure that an effective "Risk Control" is in place and reviewed for applicability to each contract.
- Ensure that "work done list" is agreed with the client so that the invoice can be raised.
- Raise invoices and follow through to ensure timely settlement, chasing clients where necessary.
- To ensure that the maximum cost/values are identified and liabilities clarified.
- Identify competitor activity in the region - which would include contracts / rates / clients.
- Build a Database of existing clients with all contact / vessel information - likewise for potential clients operating in the region but not as yet using company
- Bringing outstanding items / issues to Management notice in a timely manner.
- Taking the lead in the periodic reviews of Company Tariffs
- Ensuring all client concerns / complaints are brought to Management attention immediately.
- To act on own initiative in order to improve the process or projects and inform Management of any suggestions for consideration.
-Attend Periodic Safety meetings and regular inspections of the Shipyard to ensure all workforces comply with any and all updates in the Safety process.
- Complete various "Internal Projects" assigned to them in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Report unsafe acts / instances requiring discipline to Management without delay.
- Understanding and following the agreed goals and annual targets for the position.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a shipyard manager or other management level responsibilities in a heavy steel manufacturing environment, Oil & Gas background.
- In depth knowledge of all business functions associated with shipyard management
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases, word processing and PowerPoint
- A strong client facing background with previous experience of dealing and presenting information to major clients on large projects.
- Ability to apply continuous improvement strategies across all functions, which includes the ability to introduce needed change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives. Must be adaptable and open to new ideas.
- Ability to successfully handle several priorities simultaneously.