Consider this consultative sales opportunity with a competitive base salary, and on-target earnings (OTE) typically ranging from PHP 45,000 - PHP 85,000 depending on an assigned territory, ranging higher for top-performing consultants who exceed targets.
Join an award-winning company with stellar client feedback ratings that value honesty, teamwork, the pursuit of excellence, and care for our customers.
- Medical Benefits/HMO upon regularization of employment status (Lacson & Lacson)
- Statutory benefits (SSS, PAGIBIG, Philhealth, 13th-month pay)
- Paid leaves upon regularization
- Paid Birthday Leave after one year of service
- Available food & drinks in the office
- Regular team building, team lunches/dinners
Help a wide range of authors publish books in a variety of genres — fiction (thriller, sci-fi, romance, etc), expert/business consultant books, memoirs, kids books, and a wide range of interesting nonfiction topics. Talk to diverse and interesting people every day. Deliver truly consultative advice and information to help authors make sense of a complex industry and decide what to do with their books (aka their “baby”). Join a dynamic, creative team at a small business where your contributions are highly valued and you have a significant impact.
The Publishing Consultant plays a vital role as the first point of contact with the company, helping authors understand the publishing industry, the publishing process, how self-publishing differs from the conventional model, how distribution and royalties work, and how to plan and budget to self-publish. The publishing consultant makes outbound phone calls and emails, puts together proposals or estimates, follows up and secures new clients, and welcomes them to the Tellwell team.
– Educate authors about a range of publishing options including editing, design, distribution, and marketing
– Educate authors about distribution and royalties, in particular how Tellwell’s 100% net royalty model differs from a captive pricing model
– Write proposals and estimates for each author
– Effectively follow-up with authors
– Assess whether each author is a good potential fit for working with Tellwell
– Participate in round-table discussions at Tellwell about company strategy and new or improved services
– Contribute to a round-table discussion about internal process improvement
– Research best practices and develop internal resources, tools, and templates
– Stay on top of industry trends
– Contribute to forecasting and achieving monthly goals
– Consultative sales experience
– Strong work ethic
– Positive attitude and a team player
– Excellent written and oral communications skills
– Independence, professionalism, and responsibility
– Knowledge or interest in book publishing
– Organized and able to prioritize and stay on top of many contacts
– Initiative and business sense: able to create and recommend better processes
– Flexible: can innovate and improvise when necessary
– Goal-oriented, comfortable working in metrics and results-based environment
– Passion for books, writing, or publishing
– Experience working with editors, designers, and marketers
– Enjoys talking to diverse, creative people
– Experience working within a CRM or similar platforms
– Comfortable learning new systems
The ideal candidate has recent “in-the-trenches” sales experience but also has enough entrepreneurial or management skills to self-manage and create new systems and tools.
Tellwell works with authors in Australia, Canada, the USA, and beyond. We have been operating in Canada since 2015. Tellwell was named "10 to Watch" by Douglas Magazine in 2015 and was a finalist for Startup of the Year, and identified as one of Canada's 50 fastest growing start-ups. In 2018 Tellwell launched International Office in Cebu City to expand our operations internationally and to improve the quality of our services by tackling some of the most difficult challenges in publishing including timely workflows, minimizing backlogs, and reducing errors through quality control processes. We recruited a team with many decades of combined publishing experience. As our team extends from Cebu to Canada to Australia and beyond, we place a high value on international teamwork.
Our company values include passion, talent, teamwork, honesty and entrepreneurial spirit. We've built a very strong and compassionate team in Cebu and we are excited to have additional openings.
This is a full-time inside sales role based at Tellwell's International office in Cebu City. Compensation will be a mix of salary and commission.