Back to Search Results
Internal Audit Head (Chief Audit Executive)
Managerial / Supervisory
Philex Mining Corporation
Highway Hills, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila
Posted On: March 23, 2021
Job ID: 376396
- Set the strategic direction of the Internal Audit Department
- Establish policies and procedures to guide the Internal Audit Department
- Establish a risk-based audit plan consistent with the Company’s goals/objectives and monitor progress against this plan
- Report periodically to Senior Management and the Audit Committees of PMC regarding Internal Audit’s purpose, authority, responsibility, and performance relative to its Annual Audit Plan in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter
- Ensure that reports on internal auditing engagements are provided to the AC in a timely fashion;
- Inform senior management without delay of any findings that indicate major concerns with respect to the management of programs or initiatives;
- Take appropriate measures for the prevention of frauds and elimination of conditions inducing fraudulent actions.
- Develop and maintain a system to monitor the disposition of results communicated to management
- Develop and maintain a quality assurance and improvement program that covers all aspects of the Internal Audit activity
- Provide oversight of staff including talent acquisition, retention, development, and performance evaluation
- Ensure adequate department resources to execute the Internal Audit activities
- Provide an annual report on the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management, control and governance processes of the Company
- Comply with regulatory requirements on corporate governance etc.
- Perform ad hoc tasks and related works assigned by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors for PMC and Senior Executives
- Ensures confidentiality of all Company records.
- Keeps abreast of Company policies and procedures, current development in accounting and auditing professions and changes in applicable laws and regulations.
- Reviews an update of the Department’s Internal Audit Charter, Internal Audit Manual and its policies and procedures.
- Reviews the annual budget of the department and recommends for approval to higher management.
- Monitors the implementation of any productivity improvement program that the department may adopt.
- Recommends training needs of audit staff.
- Conducts/Approves performance evaluation of audit staff.
- Enforces discipline among audit staff and adheres to the Company’s safety rules.
- Approves daily time records and vacation leaves of audit staff, job requests which the department needs, accountability slips, and official business trips, requisitions of materials and supplies and equipment.
- Recommends hiring of project/casual employees when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Business Administration, or Engineering
- At least 10 years of managerial position handling either internal auditing, accounting/budgeting
- Certified Internal Auditor; Certified Public Accountant and preferably with a Master in Business Administration (MBA).
- Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Considerable knowledge of the mining laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Considerable skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit works and products.
- Considerable skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions.
- Extensive skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Considerable skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Skill in using computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Extensive skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Extensive ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationship with coworkers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to attract and energize a talented staff
- Managerial courage to confront difficult issues with appropriate response and communicate appropriately and in a timely manner with all stakeholders in those issues
- Effective interpersonal skills, which allow candidate to relate well to all levels of management
- Highly self-motivated individual who will provide leadership and guidance to staff
- Ability to fit well into a consultative role rather than a command and control role
- Must have the highest professional and personal standards, unquestioned integrity and business ethics
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization as well as externally to regulators and partners
- A self-starter who is organized, intuitive and a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a complex environment