PHILIPPINE REALTY AND HOLDINGS CORPORATION
Is currently looking for:
PROJECT ENGINEER / ARCHITECT FOR CSAF WORKS
Work address: BGC / other projects
Start/End date: January 2020 to project completion, and possible continuation to the next project
Reports to: The Project Manager (Overall); Sr. Construction Manager (Overall) and Construction Manager for MEPF
Supervisor to: Contractors and suppliers
Works with: Other members of the Project Team (the PCMG Team especially Construction Team for MEPF and QA/QC Team, the Design Team, the Quantity Surveying Team)
Supervise, monitor and ensure that the design and construction works are carried out in the highest level of quality, following contractual obligations, on time, in a safe manner and within the approved budget.
Ensure the Civil and Structural works, and Architectural and Fit-out works are carried out in the highest level of quality.
- Implement and adhere to the Project Management and Execution Plan.
- Implement and adhere to the Project Management Control System for the efficient management of the Project, Documents and Data including all the necessary temporary facilities, hardware and software required at the project site offices.
- Perform design reviews, during each phase of the design period with reference to international and local codes and based on sound construction practices and submit review comments on a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Perform pre-construction, construction and post-construction inspection works, keep and update inspection records of all findings and submit corresponding reports and recommendations.
- Attend and keep records/minutes of regular weekly or bi-weekly (twice a week) coordination meetings with Design consultants, Contractors and suppliers to effectively manage and efficiently control the design and construction work progress, the quality of design and construction work, ensure conformance to construction schedule and the coordination and inter-phasing of all works for all building trades and services.
- Review all drawings, technical and performance specifications and all the Contractors’ Work Program and Method Statements/methodologies, anticipate potential problems and propose feasible solutions to mitigate probable delays, defects and non-conformances.
- Assist the Construction Manager with review and checking of the shop drawings/submittals prior to submission to the Design Consultants rendering the actual works. And ensure compliance of the Contractor with the approved shop drawings.
- Ensure compliance of the Contractor with the approved Construction Method Statements prior to rendering the actual works submitted by the Contractor
- Implement and adhere to the Project Schedule generated for the project for correctness, accuracy and logic.
- Assist the Safety Officer in enforcing the Site Safety, Sanitation, Health and Security Program for the Project.
- Keep and regularly update records of Non-conformances and Defects List and monitor and ensure repairs/close-out within approved time frame.
- Prepare daily, weekly and/or Monthly Progress Reports for submission to the PCMG Director, Project Director/Project Manager.
- Must be familiar with all Contract Documents, Mail/ Correspondence Types and project and construction management forms which may include but may not be limited to the following:
- Design Documents from Concept, Schematic, Design Development, Construction Documents phases
- FIDIC form of Contract
- Construction Contracts and Addenda
- Contract Drawings and Specifications
- Materials Technical Literature, Brochures and Catalogues
- General and Specific Conditions of Contract
- Contractor’s Proposals
- Bills of Quantities
- Shop/Fabrication Drawings and Specifications
- Construction Methodology Statements
- Construction Schedules and Resources Program
- Project Instructions/Site Instructions
- Inspection & Test Plans (ITP’s)
- Daily Work Report
- Weekly and Monthly Contractor’s Progress Reports
- Defects Notice or Non-conformance Report
- Safety, Sanitation and Security Violation Notice/Report
- Notice of Delay
- Notice of Meeting and Agenda
- Meeting Minutes
- Variation/Change Order
- Request for Information
- Material Test Report
- Interim Payment Certificate
- Transmittal Sheets
- Confirmation of Verbal Instruction
- Work Inspection Request
- Ceiling/Wall/Floor Closure Request
- Request for Change
- As-Built Drawings
- Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Other documents and forms that may be generated as required by the Project
- Assist the Project Manager/ Construction Manager to provide advice on contractual implications for each change order or design variations including effects on Contract Time.
- Prepare monitoring charts for the status of the actual works.
- Perform and witness Material Testing and secure test reports.
- Perform and witness handover, start-up, testing and commissioning of Building Systems and Services.
- Assist the Construction Manager with the review and checking of As-built drawings, Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- In close coordination with the Quantity Surveyor, evaluates, checks and signs interim payment certificates and Monitor and ensures the timely processing of all claims for payment from consultants, contractors and suppliers.
- If required, liaise with 3rd Party Certifying Entities, Utility companies and Government Agencies to secure necessary Building Certificates and Quality Tests Certificates.
- In close coordination with the Property Management Group, monitor and ensures the smooth and timely handover of completed portions and/or the entire project to the client(s) or Unit Owner(s).
- Prepare weekly activity report and two (2) weeks look-ahead schedule for submission to the Construction Manager every Friday of the reporting week.
- Other duties and tasks that are deemed necessary to effectively and efficiently perform the functions and responsibilities and diligently deliver the services of a Project Engineer or Architect.
- At least a Graduate of Bachelor of Science in either Construction Management, Architecture, Civil or Structural or M&E Engineering.
- Has been directly involved from the start until completion of the design, construction and handover of at least one (1) high-rise and one (1) mid-rise buildings (at least 20 and 10 stories high or at least 70,000 square meters of built area) as Project Engineer or Architect / Site Engineer or Architect
- Must be proficient in the use of Computer, MS Office and Project Scheduling software.
Years of Experience Required
- At least eight (8) years of continuous experience in the Project and Construction Management activities for Engineering, Architectural and Interiors, Site Development and Landscaping for Building Design and Construction
Monthly Salary and Bonus Range: Based on Company Policy
- Good command in English language and communication skills.
- Must be able to work for extended hours of the night and even during Saturdays and Sundays as required by the Project.