JESS FINE FOODS, INC.
Is currently looking for:
Reporting to: General Manager
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Maintaining dining room order of service according to the restaurant’s quality and service standards
- Safety and cleanliness of front of house staff, customer areas and areas surrounding restaurant, ensuring all cleaning and maintenance schedules are complied with.
- Ensuring correct operation and balancing of cash registers & daily reporting
- Ensuring adequate skilled staff levels are maintained at all times
- Organizing the roster to ensures all shifts deliver high service standards
- Covering extra shifts as required, in the case of staff shortages, to ensure service standards are maintained
- Increasing sales at all opportunities through customer service staff, practicing up selling, and cross selling
- Ongoing product knowledge and sales training to maximize sales and increase average spend
- Maintaining optimized labor costs
- Creating a harmonious team oriented environment among all staffs within the restaurant
- Assist in the planning for future development of facilities and service improvements
- Ensuring that the most suitably qualified person is appointed in the event of your vacancy. This includes a smooth succession of transfer - wherever possible there should be an internal promotion.
- Ensuring disciplinary action is taken for breaches of company regulations.
- Maintaining high standards of morale and personal appearance of all staff.
- To liaise with guests
- Maintain a high level of service to all customers at all times
- Meet, greet, seat and bid farewell customers at the restaurant
- Take orders, serve food and beverages and clear tables
- Ensure there is adequate supply of breads and pastries, monitoring their freshness each day
- Ensure all stations are ready for service (adequate supplies of glassware, drinks, bottles, condiments and garnishes, etc)
- Ensure all products are served to a consistent quality standard
- Ensure that the restaurant remains in an impeccable state
- Ensure all tasks for setting up, serving and closing are all done correctly
- Supervise the accurate taking, setting up and confirmation of deliveries
- Ensure the safety of staff and patrons during service and after leaving
- Maintain hygienic food handling practices and cleanliness of all waiting, bakeshop and kitchen staff
- Balance the register at the end of the shift ensuring a high level of accuracy and honesty
- Communicate any stock shortages to the head office in a timely manner
- Maintain bakery/restaurant inventory according to stock levels and advise on re-ordering needed
- Support the Head Cook in maintaining a harmonious environment between kitchen and floor
- Communicate with the general manager regarding any problems or changes needed with service
- Handle complaints according to guidelines and so that it leaves customers satisfied and impressed
- Induct and orient floor and kitchen staff
- Conduct performance reviews of all floor/kitchen as required
- Maintain wage costs within company guidelines and customer spending above agreed averages
- Promote the restaurant and functions to potential clients
- Maintain equipment in good working order organizing repairs or improvements needed for greater efficiency
- Assist in the development and review of systems and procedures
- To ensure effective communication by attending meetings as required and holding staff meetings on a regular basis to impart information
- To hold regular On-the-Job training sessions to ensure that staff can perform their duties correctly
- To maintain a high degree of interest in self-development, displaying this by making suggestions for realistic improvements.
- Report regularly on the above activities to the general manager
- Spearheads local store marketing proposal and implementation
- Other tasks as assigned
- Uniform to be laundered by you and always of a high standard. Black leather shoes, tasteful makeup (female), hair tied back if long and groomed, any body piercing to be discreet and tasteful, no nose or eyebrow rings or bolts, no showy rings. Your own pen to be carried on all shifts.
Other features of job – shifts/night work/ availability/working conditions etc:
- Available for work Monday to Sunday as required. Able to work split shifts until at least 12am if required.