ARTERRA HOTEL AND RESORT
Is in need of:
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor
- Assist in day to day finance operations and he / she is primarily responsible for computing, recording, collecting, analyzing and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records of the financial operations of the hotel.
- Additionally, responsible for generating bills and collect all revenue owed to the hotel in an accurate, timely manner in accordance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Also Assist the finance manager in directing the financial activities of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, audit, General Ledger reporting.
- Cash handling functions for the hotel and reconcile all cash dropped at the front desk.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report any variances to the concerned department heads.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Assist the financial Controller with systems administration, G/L account reconciliation, budget preparations, inventories, monthly closings and full P & L responsibility.
- Assist financial Controller with completing the year-end audit process.
- Review and approve all reconciliation and audit work papers. 9. Post city ledger payments in property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts.
- Perform follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller of any potential uncollected accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and inform Controller of any discrepancies.
- Bill out credit cards and also maintain accurate and legible logs for all credit cards. 13. Reconciles bank statements.
- Prepare wire transfer confirmations for reimbursable invoices.
- Prepare credit card authorizations for American Express, Visa, Master, Diners etc. and send to vendors.
- Verify if credit card service charge is billed correctly for all credit card transactions.
- Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting.
- If any imbalance or difference found on the ledger then co-ordinate with the PMS team to resolving the same.
- Review the postings. payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis.
- Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Property Management systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS) and SPA software's.
- Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the accounting program.
- Assists with reimbursable invoicing.
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy.
- Assign unique AR number to new approved accounts on both PMS and Back office software.
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and credit warnings.
- Process and follow-up on all returned checks accepted as cash payment.
- Record General Ledger and City Ledger reconciliation.
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Maintain Vendor's permanent files and Certificates of Insurance.
- Maintain contracts for vendors.
- Process payroll or verify payroll dollars and reports.
- Process authorize purchase requests as needed.
- Rotating monthly audits of inventories / Enter final inventory totals into spreadsheet.
- Maintain Office supplies and order as needed.
- Any other job-related duties as and when assigned by the Financial controller.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.