CS Associate Job Description
An Amazon Customer Service Associate is a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist customers in expediting orders and correcting post-sales problems. Associates communicate with customers primarily through mail, chat and phone and utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies and communicate effective solutions in a fun and fast-paced environment.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to communicate correctly and clearly with all customers
- Excellent documentation skills
- Good comprehension skills – ability to clearly understand and state the issues customers present
- Ability to concentrate – follow customers issues without distraction to resolution
- Good composition skills – ability to compose a grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written response Work successfully in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to use a desktop computer system
- Familiarity with Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer Excellent typing skills
- Demonstrates understanding of the Internet, Amazon.com website, and competitor websites
- Demonstrates an ability to successfully navigate websites
- Demonstrates a proficient knowledge of email applications
- Demonstrates an ability to learn in various media
- Ability to successfully adapt to changes in the work environment
- Excellent customer service skills, including maintaining focus on the customer issue in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills with a diverse customer base
- Demonstrates conflict resolution, negotiation, and de-escalation skills
- Demonstrates ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, escalating when necessary
- Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance, including the daily schedule as assigned
- Flexible with the working schedule; may be expected to work weekends, holidays and events
- Ability to work overtime as required by business - as much as 60 hours a week, most often occurring in the weeks surrounding the Christmas holiday season
Problem Solving Skills
- Effective problem solving skills including decision making, time management and immediate prioritization of tasks as assigned Ability to approach problems logically and rationally
- Action oriented and self-disciplined
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to quickly and effectively prioritize work time in various departments to meet business need
- Ability to maintain composure in highly escalated situations
- Qualified candidates will be comfortable in a multi-tasking, high-energy environment. They will be creative and analytical problem solvers.
Minimum Qualification Required
- Education after 2011 is Senior High School/ Education Before 2011 is High School (Secondary)
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About the Customer Service Team
Our Amazon Contact Centers work towards a single goal: to deliver the best possible support experience to our customers. To do that, our CS Operations teams are empowered and expected to think like owners. We solve problems the first time so that customers have an effortless experience every time.
Building on Amazon’s global mission of being the ‘Earth’s most customer-centric company’, the Customer Service team started operations in August 2005 and has grown steadily in size and scope since then. We provide 24/7 support to customers across North America, UK, India, Australia and Canada. Our Team members are empowered to think like owners and resolve customer problems via phone, email or live chat. We operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and make an impact to millions of customers across the globe.
Our relentless focus on process improvements has helped us continuously evolve and expand our focus into new business domains. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.