Immediate Superior: IT Manager
Department: Information Technology
The Information Technology Officer is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and operation for all of the Information Technology implemented within the Hotel. The position is responsible for the daily operation, support, and security of the technology and data that support and enable the business operation.
- Support all aspects of the guest experience, including; Internet wireless connection and wired in offices and function space, telephone system management, finance management system and restaurant point of sales.
- The position will maintain technologies implemented in effective working order and ensure system up time and reliability meets the needs of the operation(s) as defined by management and especially by the President.
- Grow the system environments in of the hotel, over time, to reflect the company wide standards and allow for less local support requirements. Continue to monitor and evaluate the on-site technology support requirements to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Ensure secure IT operations by implementing and managing the Global & Hotel IT Security Policies. Maintain data backup integrity, and keep current Contingency & Disaster Recovery plans, and work with hotel operations departments to develop, maintain, and test Business Continuity plans.
- Works closely with the Information Technology Manager for communicating the needs of the hotel and ensuring that Information Technology initiatives are compliant with Kandaya Resort standards and technology direction.
- Audit and keep up to date all support contracts, and software license compliance to ensure hotels are keeping support on equipment and the services, staying legally compliant with Kandaya Resort approved software standards, and are taking advantage of negotiated pricing on both.
- Performs other duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the superior in the attainment of departmental objectives.
- At least B.S. degree in Computer Science or any computer related courses are equivalent required.
- A minimum of three years in a management or supervisory position responsible for the ongoing operation of Information Technology/systems.
- Technical and Soft Skills Training
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Install, configure and maintain server infrastructure, including operating software, server management software, system backups, virus protection
- Install, configure and maintain storage solutions for NAS, Data De-Duplication and Enterprise Back-up.
- A solid understanding of the hospitality business and the application of Information Technology to the Resort business.
- Practical understanding of Front Office procedures.
- Proficiency in mainstream PC desktop applications, and the effective use of Internet technology and services.
- Familiar with IFCA Database System & POS System and other Hotel applications
- Strong technical skills including PC and Networks, knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and/or Linux.
- Strong knowledge in Database & SQL Management.
- Strong skills in PFSense Firewall and VMware Management.
- Knowledgeable on how to troubleshoot Cable TV.
- Knowledgeable on how to troubleshoot CCTV Camera
- Ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks and to work and complete assignments on time despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and maintain flexibility.
- Knowledgeable of Adobe Photoshop editing is advantage.
- Etiquettes and Manners
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Project management and budgeting skills
- Strong Verbal/written communication Skills
- Leadership and Motivation Skills
People-oriented, innovative, and has initiative, fluency in both written and verbal English, good understanding of the IT operations and alike, effective teamwork, passion for work with the desire and motivation to succeed in a fast pace environment.
For more information about our company, visit our website: