Passerelles numériques (PN) is a French non-profit organisation created in 2005. Our mission is to enable highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains more than 460 students and employs around 100 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, JP Morgan and Microsoft and also receives support from individual donors.
Launched in 2009 in Cebu, Passerelles numériques Philippines (PNP) offers an IT training program based on a holistic educative approach including technical and soft skills, and a personal development program.
Organization: Passerelles numériques
Reporting to: General Manager
Status: VSI or local contract – Full time
Project: Passerelles numériques Philippines
Starting date / Duration: ASAP
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Reporting to the General Manager of Passerelles numériques Philippines, the Education manager will be in charge of guiding the Education team in its daily operations, as well as handling special cases for the students. With the help of his/her team, the Education Manager will ensure that all the students are mentally, psychologically and physically healthy, embracing PN core values and developing their personal and technical skills in a dynamic environment.
- Responsible for the safety of the center and a healthy lifestyle for the students,
- Responsible of the qualitative follow up of all the students during their studies and make appropriate decisions,
- Implement a strict, fair and consistent positive discipline and make appropriate decisions,
- Guide the students in their personal development and evolution throughout the PN journey,
- Organize the daily life of the students (activities schedule),
- Organize developmental activities with the three (3) batches of students,
- Work closely with the Training Manager to follow-up with the partner university (staff and teachers) on students situation.
- Maintain good relationship with the education partners and increase the number of partners who could help us in our educational mission: community services, health care, developmental activities for students.
- Lead and manage Education team in its daily operations: routine, schedules, emergencies,
- Provide vision to the team on how to be innovative and pragmatic in supporting the students to be autonomous and responsible young adults,
- Evaluate and guide the staff to ensure that the mission of PN is well followed,,
- Recruit qualified staff when needed,
- Organize team building and coordination meetings,
- Evaluate each staff in education team individually on a semester basis,
- Ensure the coordination within the team and with other departments to implement efficient processes and decisions with the students
- Make sure that practices and evaluated experiences are capitalized,
- Adjust staff and personal time table based on needs - flexibility with schedules,
- Play an active role towards the other PN projects in Asia, leading or participating to cross-country projects.
Specific major projects
Firstly, the Philippines has faced a major education reform, impacting the selection and the level of the future students.
Secondly, PN plan to increase the numbers of student in Philippines selected to participate in PN program.
In this context, the education manager together with his/her co-managers and General Manager will have to contribute in the new PN organization which will be decided to adjust to that reform and maintain the quality of education provided by PN to an increasing number of students. The Education manager will also be responsible for the smooth integration of the new batch of scholars.
Skills and Experience
- Fluent in English, written and spoken,
- Has a strong critical thinking and sound decision making skills,
- Good organization and planning skills,
- Adaptability, flexibility, listening and understanding skills,
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment,
- Previous experience in developing country preferred,
- Large availability and reactivity
- Sense of responsibilities and ability to take initiatives and decisions
- 3 / 4 years professional experiences:
- Experience in team management and facilitation of group work,
- Experience in handling youth and/or social work.
- Education: Bachelor degree/master degree