We are urgently seeking a System Administrator who will be responsible for all procedures related to the monitoring, identification, prioritisation, and resolution of on-site IT support functions for our creative tech hub.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and highly skilled individual with a desire to join a dynamic and fast expanding team.
This is a pivotal role ensuring the smooth day to day running and future development of our IT operations and the position would suit an experienced and ambitious manager who is looking to progress in their IT career.
- Social Fund and Training Allowance
- Communication Allowance upon regularisation
- 15 days annual leave upon regularisation
- Birthday Leave
- Free lunches, fruits and fitness classes
- Excellent Hmo plus 1 Dependent
ABOUT INSPIRE TEAM
Inspire Team is a web, software and app development company. Established in 2003 with offices in the UK, Australia, Spain, USA and the Philippines. Inspire Team leverages Inspire Group’s 16 years of experience in creating global teams to develop solutions for enterprises looking to compete in a global marketplace. We support international clientele by creating innovative IT solutions that accelerate business growth and ensure industry dominance.
Inspire Team has ambitious goals for 2019. We need local insight that will guide strategic business decisions while also having an intuitive approach to international relations.
This office-based post therefore provides crucial support to the organisation to ensure the effective operations of the management team and the business at a time of high growth.
NB we envisage the role requiring flexibility and an eagerness to learn as we grow.
Local IT & Network
- Installing, repairing, building and configuring and supporting computer hardware (PCs and Mac), software, systems, video conferencing (Google Meet), CCTV and printers
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems, networks, security and administrative hardware
- Keeping current systems updated and running smoothly
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Working with customers/employees to identify computer problems and advising/implementing the solution
- Analyse performance of support activities, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance the quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Logging and keeping records of customer/employee queries
- Creating processes and systems to enable continuous improvement and maximum service uptime
- Acquiring and maintaining hot-swap hardware to provide minimum downtime when hardware faults occur
- Maintaining efficient and cost-effective relationships with suppliers
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Responsible for all cabling throughout the office. Our goal is to have cabling tidy, minimal and well hidden and safe.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures
- Manages equipment inventory
- Maintain adequate hot-swap machines to prevent users from having downtime
Microsoft Windows Enterprise Administration
- Manages all the PC's not only from a hardware perspective but also from a Windows perspective
G Suite Administration:
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Implementing, supporting best practice with G Suite
- A technical, logical thought process
- Problem-solving skills
- Proactive thinker, always looking for ways to improve our facilities, processes and uptime
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Up to date on the latest developments and trends in the industry
- Technologically savvy and enjoys assisting others
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- With experience in both Linux and Windows
- With experience in Azure, AWS, VMWare ( certifications is a major plus )
- Active Directory setup and administration experience
- Relevant IT or Software Engineering Degree
- Excellent technical knowledge of desktop hardware with hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Ability to build/diagnose/repair PCs in a Windows/Mac environment
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation
- Proficient in English
- Flexibility to work on projects and tasks outside of business hours and on weekends to ensure minimal disruption to the business will be necessary from time to time
- Strong Networking knowledge
- 3+ years experience supporting >50 users
- Used to being driven by an IT Support system with SLAs (e.g. Freshdesk)
- ITIL or similar quality IT framework an advantage