Enfants du Mekong (EDM) is a French Non-Governmental Organization who helps the children and the teenagers, who come from poor families, to study in order to have a better life, to get a stable job, to help their family. Our mission is to educate, train and support the children and youth in Southeast Asia. This scholarship was established in 1958 and started in the countries where the Mekong River is flowing. Today, Enfants du Mekong sponsors 22,000 children and helps more than 60,000 children to access education in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Burma, China and the Philippines.
In the Philippines, EDMsupports more than 3,500 children and students. EDM manages 4 offices in Tuguegarao, Cebu, Dumaguete and Butuan.
The position shall only be filled by a licensed social worker with experience.
Job based in Dumaguete
- Social Worker Coordinator based in Cebu
- Country Manager
- Facilitate case management affecting the education, health, work-related concerns and family situation of the scholars.
- Make referrals to government and non-government institution for scholar’s concerns that is beyond the scope and limitation of the program.
- Conduct regular interview and follow-up of the scholars.
- Make individual file of all the students of the program and update regularly.
- Prepare case study reports and update once a year.
- Conduct every other month regular visit of the student living in the boarding house.
- Make decision when there are problems with the scholars.
- Take other actions when necessary.
- Accompany the scholars during doctor’s visit. In cases of admission in the hospital, mobilize scholars to take turn in caring the patient.
Scholar’s Life and Activities
- Conduct regular visit to different school/university.
- Meet regularly with the teachers and the guidance counsellors to follow student’s concern.
- Follow-up the student’s progress and try to anticipate the difficulties for the students.
- Be responsible for the transcript of grades after each exam and of the school schedule after each start of semester.
- Ensure scholars have at least 80% grade or more each subject per semester by providing tutorials if needed. Make the letters to have discount in the university each semester.
- Ensure the attendance of the students in school
- Reinforce the partnerships with the schools by signing MOA if possible
- Coordinate with the French volunteer activities that would enhance students’ potential as a person in a group and as a community orin dealing with others
- Assess every activities to determine students learning
- Ensure harmonious relationship among scholars.
- Conduct conflict management when necessary.
- Conduct follow-up and home visit to scholar’s family alone or with French Volunteer to prevent any problem coming from the family.
- Ensure that the scholar is really supported by the family.
- Organize and facilitate orientations sessions with the parents
- Monitor the permit slip and student waiver
- At the beginning of the semester, organize and follow-up the services of the scholars
- Conduct regular visit of the services and meet the responsible of the different program/ foundation.
- Follow-up the attendance and the tardiness and help the students to organize their activity.
- Assess the community services at the end of the semester.
Part time job
- Meet manager of students who has part time job whenever concern arises.
- Facilitate and lead the orientation forum with the help of the French volunteer)
- Facilitate the screening process for the applicants with the volunteer.
- Link with the others NGO, organization and company to find speakers for activities and organize some meeting.
- Collaborate with other social workers to share and gain new ideas for the center.
- Attend and participate in ABSNET meetings and activities.
Reportorial and Administrative Task
- Prepare monthly and annual reports, plan and other documentation required by the organization.
- Assist in managing the boarding house
- Should be available in the office when the French Volunteer is not around
- Facilitate local administrative documents.
- Facilitate issuance of Mayor’s Permit.
- Perform other task as maybe assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Willing to take up challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and people of different cultural backgrounds and to interpret programs to the public
- Self-starter, ability to work autonomously, and take initiatives as well as to work as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of internet and computer literate ( MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Ability to provide leadership in the development and administration of social work programs
- Ability to write meaningful, concise, and accurate reports and correspondence
- Knowledge of ethical standards, principles, and practices of social work, counseling, and human behavior
- Knowledge of interviewing and other information gathering techniques
- Knowledge of principles of teaching and learning
- Knowledge of theories of group interaction and therapeutic intervention
Benefits and compensation
- Php 17, 000 – 18,000 monthly salary including allowances
- Enrollment to health insurance after regularization
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Enfants du Mekong!