METRO RAPID TRANSIT SERVICE, INC. operator of mybus
Metro Rapid Transit Service, Inc. (MRTSI) is a joint venture between Premier Southern Corporation (a wholly owned subsidiary of SM Prime Holdings, Inc.) and Jam Liner Inc. to operate a High Quality Public Transport System (HQPTS), a project made possible with the approval of the developmental route by the Department of Transportation and Communications with the full support and endorsement of the cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Talisay as well as the Mactan Cebu International Airport Authority.
The modern, Euro V, low emission, air-conditioned buses will be the first of its kind in the country and will be PWD friendly, WIFI, GPS & CCTV equipped and will utilize a smart card cashless payment system. These bus features will allow for a safer, secure and a more environment friendly transport service that will put Metro Cebu at par with other first world countries. It is very timely that these HQPTS, BRT-ready buses that will define the future of public transportation in Metro Cebu.
The 12-meter long buses with Euro V engines will service the public transportation needs of commuters traversing the underserved coastal route from the airport onto Mandaue City, Cebu City including the South Road Properties (SRP) area and terminating in Talisay City. The coastal route will traverse thru and will have limited bus stops in SRP, the Cebu City Hall area, North Reclamation Area, Mandaue Reclamation Area and Mactan Cebu International Airport.
Is currently looking for:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting and or overseeing all aspect of operations with main focus on the front line.
- Ensure bus and bus stop operations will address the following:
- Avoid excessive build-up of customers at stops, clear the stops of waiting passengers
- Prevent congestion within the buses at stops and in the lane
- Clear blockages within the routes immediately
- Respond immediately to all emergency situations and minimize negative impacts
- Minimize the disruptive effect of operations in all the routes
- Manage immediately spikes and unusual levels of demand on specific days
- Address to temporary or extended degraded operation, during which whatever level of service is possible must be offered and managed, while also managing customers who have no realistic prospect of being transported within the normal timescale or conditions
- Must have quality systems to assure that the planned number of vehicles are allocated daily for service, in suitable condition, and dispatched to the routes
- Notification and verification system that the planned vehicles are in service
- Monitoring of customer numbers arriving at the stations, compare to normal patterns to readily adjust the service level in real-time, as required
- Bus docking procedures.
- Set targets for dwell times at stops, measure frequently, review causes these are not respected
- Establish a hot reserve of vehicles
- Revenue protection is in place
- Ensure Supervisors are well trained and authorized to be in control of the bus stop operation.
- Set up the needed information flows and systems.
- Develop procedures and training programs, and assure that these are effectively delivered to be proactive in identifying and resolving problems that might impact on operational performance liaise with external support organizations such as police, traffic control and emergency services
- Identify all problems as they arise, and share the information with all people and systems that need to know it, in sufficient time and in sufficient detail
- Ensure proper upkeep of bus stops and facilities Ensure all bus stop personnel including agency employees are trained to provide good customers experience.
- Customer safety and convenience are top priorities. Budget preparation and analyze results of operations. Develop a plan of action to meet forecast sales and budget cost.
EDUCATION AND COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any related field.
- Proven experience as an Assistant Operations Manager or similar position.
- Leadership and organizational abilities.
- Flexibility to work in shifts, analytical thinking, ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles.