We are a casual neighborhood Pintxos and Tapas restaurant. We have a wide selection of food, wine and Gin Tonic. We pride ourselves in serving basque-inspired meals, using high quality ingredients. We currently have three branches - one in Alabang, one in BGC, and one in Salcedo Village.
Named one of the top twenty restaurants in the country by Philippine Tattler, Bar Pintxos has been serving great food and drinks made with the highest-quality ingredients in a friendly, fuss-free atmosphere since it first opened its door in 2015. As part of our growth and expansion, we welcome pioneering individuals who have a passion for food and excellent customer experience.
SHIFT LEADER, FOH
Reports to: OIC, FOH
The shift leader, aside from carrying out server duties and responsibilities, is in charge of coordinating and supervising the activities of the Front of the House team in the absence of the OIC, FOH.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fulfills functions of a server;
- Implements, delegates, or monitors the opening and closing procedures to ensure a seamless transition from one shift to the other;
- Endorses requests for repair, maintenance, or purchase of equipment and necessary items to OIC;
- Communicates with OIC regarding possible delays in service to ensure meals are delivered to guests correctly and in a timely manner;
- Enforces the FOH sequence and standards of service;
- Monitors the enforcement of employee breaks, as assigned by the OIC;
- Endorses customer concerns that need to be elevated;
- Functions as marshal of safety practices and protocols as prescribed by the company manual;
- Has authority to apply immediate corrective actions in the absence of the OIC, as prescribed by the company manual;
- Monitors reservations and ensures reservations are adhered to;
- Ensures host executes prescribed greeting and meeting guests;
- Prevents complaints by monitoring the status of each table, and in the event of any delay or concern, swiftly implements corrective action;
- Implements customer handling procedures;
- Ensures ambience and service levels are up to standards, leading to customer loyalty;
- Any other tasks that may be necessary or assigned.
- Work experience as a server, preferably in a casual dining or bar environment;
- Knowledge of food safety practices and guidelines;
- The ability to effectively communicate with customers and to retain important information on the menu to assist guests;
- The ability to practice suggestive selling;
- Display customer service excellence and have a positive and calm attitude with a sustained energy level;
- The ability to effectively handle customer concerns;
- The ability to effectively communicate and direct staff;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills; and
- Have a working knowledge of cashiering, hosting, and bartending duties.
The employee should have overall good physical and mental health. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The position requires the ability to lift a minimum of twenty five (25) pounds. The position will require the individual to sustain physical and mental stress from meeting the demands of the job.
The work environment can be loud and busy and requires working in the evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.