We are a casual neighborhood Pintxos and Tapas restaurant. We have a wide selection of food, wine and Gin Tonic. We pride ourselves in serving basque-inspired meals, using high quality ingredients. We currently have three branches - one in Alabang, one in BGC, and one in Salcedo Village.
Named one of the top twenty restaurants in the country by Philippine Tattler, Bar Pintxos has been serving great food and drinks made with the highest-quality ingredients in a friendly, fuss-free atmosphere since it first opened its door in 2015. As part of our growth and expansion, we welcome pioneering individuals who have a passion for food and excellent customer experience.
Reports to: OIC, FOH
The server is tasked with taking orders and serving food and beverages to bar and restaurant guests, ensuring that sequence and standards of service are adhered to. Servers are also expected to be rotated as dispatchers and hosts of the establishment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares the tables for guests, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware;
- Presents menus to guests and answer questions about menu items and making recommendations upon request;
- Informs customers of daily specials or new menu items;
- Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods, when necessary;
- Takes orders from guests for food and beverages;
- Serves food and/or beverages to patrons;
- Describes and recommends beverages and wines to customers;
- Brings wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers;
- Assists host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests;
- Escorts customers to their tables;
- Check guests’ identification to ensure they meet age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages and/or discounts (e.g. senior citizen discount);
- Cleans tables or counters after guests have finished dining;
- Removes dishes and glassed from tables or counters, takes them to the kitchen for cleaning;
- Stocks service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens;
- Rolls silverware, sets up food stations, or sets up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties;
- Fills salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiments, and napkin containers;
- Prepares cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming, tidying up server stations, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning the lavatory;
- Fulfills function of host, bartender, cashier, or expediter/runner when required;
- Any other tasks that may be necessary or assigned.
- Work experience as a server, preferably in a casual dining or bar environment;
- Knowledge of food safety practices and guidelines;
- The ability to effectively communicate with customers and to retain important information on the menu to assist guests;
- The ability to practice suggestive selling;
- Display customer service excellence and have a positive and calm attitude with a sustained energy level;
- The ability to effectively handle customer concerns; and
- Have a working knowledge of cashiering, hosting, and bartending duties.
The employee should have overall good physical and mental health. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The position requires the ability to lift a minimum of twenty five (25) pounds. The position will require the individual to sustain physical and mental stress from meeting the demands of the job.
The work environment can be loud and busy and requires working in the evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.