We are a casual neighborhood Pintxos and Tapas restaurant. We have a wide selection of food, wine and Gin Tonic. We pride ourselves in serving basque-inspired meals, using high quality ingredients. We currently have three branches - one in Alabang, one in BGC, and one in Salcedo Village.
Named one of the top twenty restaurants in the country by Philippine Tattler, Bar Pintxos has been serving great food and drinks made with the highest-quality ingredients in a friendly, fuss-free atmosphere since it first opened its door in 2015. As part of our growth and expansion, we welcome pioneering individuals who have a passion for food and excellent customer experience.
Reports to: OIC, FOH
The bartender main function is to mix and serve drinks to patrons or guests. This position plays a major role in a guest's dinner and/or bar experience. Consistency is a key element in a positive experience, which is achieved by always following recipes. A bartender must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A bartender should be organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets guests, especially those seated at the bar section;
- Cleans glasses, utensils, and bar equipment;
- Collects money for drinks served;
- Balances cash receipts;
- Checks identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol and for eligibility for discounts;
- Cleans bars, glassware/barware, work areas, and tables;
- Attempts to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons;
- Takes beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons;
- Serves wine, bottled or draft beer, liquor, and cocktails;
- Stocks bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws;
- Serves snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar;
- Mixes ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks;
- Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks;
- Asks customers who become loud and obnoxious to leave, or physically remove them;
- Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive displays;
- Creates drink recipes;
- Orders or requisition liquors and supplies;
- Plans bar menus;
- Prepares appetizers such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats;
- Any other tasks that may be necessary or assigned.
- Work experience in a bar/restaurant environment as a bartender;
- Knowledge of food safety practices and guidelines;
- Knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and familiarity with standard drink recipes;
- The ability to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues;
- The ability to practice suggestive selling;
- Display customer service excellence and have a positive and calm attitude with a sustained energy level;
- The ability to effectively handle customer concerns.
This position requires walking and standing for prolonged periods of time, mostly for the entire shift. The employee must continuously reach, bend, carry, stoop, wipe, and lift up to thirty five (35) pounds. It is critical that the employee be able to hear and talk and manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, and pour drinks and prepare food.
This job operates behind the bar and may be working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.