SATURN GAMING N'AMUSEMENT CORPORATION
Is currently looking for:
EXECUTIVE PARALEGAL ASSISTANT
Job Level: Supervisory
Reports to: Outlet/Operations Managers , Company Lawyer and CEO
- Internal Clients
- External Clients: Operator and Outlets
The Executive Paralegal Assistant works with the Company lawyers and serve as forefront legal assistance both for employer’s station and outlet. They help create equitable access to legal aid and legal teams for hearings, trials and other meetings by doing research, preparing arguments and gathering the appropriate documentation.
Regular Duties and Responsibilities
- Get affidavits and other formal statements that may be used as evidence in court
- Prepare written reports that help lawyers determine how to handle their cases
- Organize case files, attend court inquests, transcribe legal opinion and compile litigation bundles
- File civil/criminal case against the employee, outlet ushers and coordinators for illegal activity in the ground
- Use technology and computer software for managing and organizing the increasing amount of documents and data collected during a case.
- Help coordinate the operations of attending the trial, including reserving office space, transporting exhibits and documents to the courtroom, and setting up computers and other equipment.
- Make legal letters/certification for Area Managers or Outlets/co-partners
- Attends to basic clerical tasks, such as photocopying, making and receiving phone calls, and fielding correspondence
- Carry out back-office management and clerical duties, such as filing, answering telephones and setting up client appointments.
- Undertake research and collate relevant material for the legal matters assigned to you
- Other tasks that will be assigned from time to time
- Formal Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Laws, Political Science, and Paralegal studies /or a paralegal certificate
- Work Experience/ Certification required
- 2 years experience is a must
- Technical/ Conceptual Skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills to manage voluminous case files and exhibits, which can number in the hundreds for a single
- Must have a solid knowledge of legal terminology, government rules of legal procedure and substantive law
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
- Social Skills/ Exposure to Cultural Diversity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Responsible and well organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus/orientation
- Computer Skills
- Excellent in excel programming, databases, spreadsheets, word or the like
- Internet savvy
- At least be able to meet 60 WPM
- Personal Competencies
- With high tolerance for stress
- Must be flexible and necessitate minimal supervision
- Must be highly organized, handle pressure well, and understand the importance of deadlines.
- Must also know how to relate to people in a variety of situations, be highly trustworthy, discreet, and use good judgment.
- Work Schedule/Travel Requirements
- Able and willing to work long hours