Enrich your Career with a Global Leader in the Fashion Industry!
Yuenthai is one of the world’s premier apparel and supply chain services providers with production facilities in China and Cambodia aside from the Philippines. We are a recognized multi-product expert who brings the best sports apparel to millions of people around the world. On the local front, Yuenthai has 2 manufacturing facilities in MEPZ, Lapu Lapu City, Cebu, which are reputable partners of international brands such as adidas and Reebok among others.
Yuenthai is now becoming the next big thing in the Luenthai Group of Companies with the multi-million peso investment in the Factory of the Future. This new factory will help us to reduce waste and increase efficiency while at the same time allowing us to automate complex production methods to improve speed and quality.
Yuenthai is a green factory. We recycle treated water, practice digital to reduce paper consumption and thus save more trees. Our Factory of the Future is designed to have even more environmentally friendly.
We are looking for a TOP CALIBER individual to fill-in the position of:
- Negotiates with vendors for good and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee
- Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensure compliance
- Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate
- Schedule product or material transportation
- Examines bids, quotations and makes awards.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
- Establishes account/credit and payment terms
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period
- Ensures budget rules are followed and keeps track to ensure adherence to company policy.
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers
- Works closely with receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Traces delinquent and defective arrivals from purchase orders
- Meet with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Implement organizational process or policy changes; develop organizational policies or programs.
- Develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance required by the laws
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
- Directly supervise and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies
- Manages all employees of the purchasing department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- College graduate of any 4 years course, preferably in a business-related area
- Must have more than 5 years of purchasing experience
- With at least 1-2 years’ experience being a Manager
- Proficient Communication skills
- Computer literate (Excel, Word and PowerPoint Presentation)
- Can adopt easily in a diverse organization
- Good in Planning and Organizing
- Has Time management, Technical and Analytical Skills
- Proactive approach personality
- Has Business acumen, Collaboration and Decision making skills
- Flexible to work on an extended hour or during weekends
- May need to travel locally or overseas as needed
Successful applicant will receive a compensation package commensurate to his or her experience and qualification