TechGenies is a global software development company with years of experience in delivering cutting edge, custom solutions to a wide range of verticals and industries. We operate software factories in locations that ensure access to great programming and information technology talent at extremely competitive costs.
Our model of operation is simple. We provide our clients with an “off-site” development team that can either augment their current IT staff or be the only development team the client has. These remote programmers are dedicated to the client and grow (or shrink) as the client needs evolve, but always operate as if the client directly employed them.
Is currently looking for:
About the Role
The mission of the Instructional Designer is to help make the vision of HR.com’s Learning and Development Team a reality. That is to:
- Use opportunities and efficiencies to support the creation of personalized, career learning for HR professionals.
- Design learning experiences that continually provide differentiators in the HR industry for HR professionals and executives to navigate their careers, lead their departments and impact their workforces.
- Passionately enhance the HR learners’ experience.
- Develop learning experiences that comply to E-Learning design and development standards of quality.
- Ensure all development aligns to specifications provided by Senior Instructional Designer (SID) - which will be aligned to HR.com’s Strategic Learning-related Product Roadmap.
- Follow project assignments and suggest enhancements to instructional design work given by SID.
- Design engaging learning experiences to meet learning needs of target audience.
- Create and/or refine the development of supporting learning material/media (audio, video, simulations, games etc.).
- Conducts aspects QA on e-learning courses (modules/lessons), as directed by SID.
- Stay current on e-learning innovative best practices and new technology and innovations in the corporate world of adult learning and training.
- Use collaborative communication skills with L&D team that promote best practices in instructional design.
What does it take to be a successful Instructional Designer?
- Collaborative mindset to work with SID and internal L&D team.
- Follow through on agreed upon delivery dates of learning components of which you are assigned.
- The ability to integrate ideas into the planning of engaging e-learning experiences, as invited by SID.
- Positivity - heart and mindset, communication style and approach to work.
- Handle concurrent e-learning projects, working in a fast-paced, virtual work culture.
- Passionate about learning and learner experience.
- Goal oriented vs problem/gap focused.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and ability in contributing to the development of virtual learning experiences from business needs, through all phases of instructional design.
- High degree of competency in designing within the Articulate 360 suite of products.
- Video editing and publishing skills, for inclusion in a variety of virtual learning experiences - software agnostic.
- Comfort using a variety of products and features to enhance learning experiences (Eg., whiteboard explainers, asynchronous communication, etc.), including willingness to integrate new learning products to improve components of our e-learning courses and learning experience.
- Aptitude for technology integration and use in the learning space.
Required Experience & Education
- BA minimum
- 1 year of work as an e-learning Instructional Designer; preferably both as internal and external ID in the corporate setting
- Certification (or equivalent) in the Articulate 360 suite of products
- Certification (or equivalent) in various instructional design and elearning tools
- Successful track record of designing interactive e-learning courses; we are not about the creation of talking head, text-heavy slides with “Next” buttons.
- Successful track record of meeting given, e-learning development timelines
- 2+ years of work as an e-learning Instructional Designer; preferably both as an internal and external ID in the corporate setting
- MA in technology education, instructional design or related, OR the equivalent in experience and training
- Background working in HR functional areas of content
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to contribute to the development and accuracy of content in virtual courses
For more information about our company, visit our website: