Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer and having dotted line responsibility to company shareholders, the Chief Accountant position provides a leadership role in all of the company’s accounting and financial operations.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as internal auditor to ensure correct and reliable accounting policies and systems are created, applied and updated throughout the company.
- Optimize cash flow management by implementing appropriate controls and robust cash forecasts.
- Proactively provide to and review with management or necessary stakeholders financial information and interpretations to develop efficient accounting and financial systems that can drive cost savings.
- Responsible for managing, developing and mentoring staff with accounting duties, including training, establishing lines of control and delegating responsibilities, to create a skilled and cross-functional team to support a growing business.
- Participate in key decisions related to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries.
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, budget reports and other financial documents as needed.
- Check and verify cash transactions, including investigation of and proposal of resolutions to discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Maintain and update records of company assets.
- Provide necessary information to external accountant for tax compliance purposes.
- Leads in coordinating all Government and BIR reports requirements, including filing of company tax return.
- Secure Business and BIR Permits.
- Certified Public Accountant with a proven performance record and at least 5 years of experience in preparation of detailed budgets, cost control, reporting, financial analysis and statutory requirements. Experience in retail or e-commerce or supporting a mid-to-large scale Sales Organization is a plus.
- High level of Philippine tax knowledge.
- High level of proficiency in Quickbooks (this will be tested) and general IT skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is not required but a plus.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Superior time, project and stakeholder management skills
- A strong sense of ownership and problem-solving abilities
- A self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communicator with ability to deal and build relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to translate financial information into practical reports for and recommend actionable deliverables to people of varying levels of seniority and background
- Attention to detail and pride in work, with a keen eye for spotting improvement potentials in operations and systems
- Strategic mindset with the ability to assess or analyze different situations and provide quick, sound judgement
- Highly fitted to work in a fast and dynamic work environment
TV SHOP is the leading TV, Online and Mobile Shopping company in South East Asia.TV Shop travels the globe in search of the world’s most amazing products. Products that are innovative, unique, effective and easy to use. Products that really matter and can make a positive impact in your life. Engaged in the retailing of consumer products for 8 years now. TVSHOP takes a pride in its achievement being the pioneer in marketing and its enviable position as the industry leader. Today, we have expanded our reach to serve customers in Thailand and Vietnam as TV SHOP Global, TVSHOP recognizes that people are the most valuable asset. Nurturing them for their physical intellectual, social, economic and spiritual well-being are major concerns. In line with this, TV SHOP provides everyone – from front liners to managers – with continuous development training programs. TVSHOP upholds commitment, industriousness, integrity, loyalty and discipline. We believe in the importance of teamwork and cooperation.
WHY JOIN US?
We are passionate about what we do and we want our company to grow. We are in need of dynamic people who can work and contribute to realize our growth plan.
If you're a seasoned professional looking for your next challenge and looking for a company that creates career-building chances, we offer ample opportunities.
At TV Shop, we invite you to share our vision and our commitment to excellence in everything that we do.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
JOIN US TODAY!
Visit our website https://tvshop.ph/ to know more about us.