We’d never put our shoes on again if we didn’t have to. Maybe that’s why we created DEDON Island, an intimate boutique resort located on a pristine tropical island in the Philippines.
On DEDON Island, you can indulge in the ultimate luxury: spending time outdoors with friends and family. We’ll help you create a perfect getaway, tailored to your every need, from cocktails to bespoke menus, surfing lessons to spa therapies. Everything is covered by the all-inclusive fee.
DEDON Island is a truly sustainable paradise – a place to retreat and rejuvenate, so you can return to the world in a barefoot state of mind.
Is currently looking for:
Scope and General Purpose:
- To assist the Executive chef in the day to day Kitchen operation.
- Executive Chef
- All team members of kitchen area
- Food and Beverage
- Purchasing department
Hours of Work:
- Flexible, generally evening shift
- A passionate Chef with previous experience in a similar roll and environment
- Understanding of a wide range of cuisine, including Filipino and International
- Produce high quality & tasty dishes, with good eye for presentation
- Ability to integrate and create an awesome working environment
- Must be willing to be assigned in Siargao
- To deputize in the Head Chef's absence.
- To ensure that all chefs are familiar with the day's requirements.
- In charge of controlling, weighing and selecting the orders that arrive at the Resort.
- Research and development together with the chef, new products and different ways of cooking them. Creating and preparing the menu for the night.
- To ensure that the necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity.
- In charge, together with the chef, of all daily purchase orders made in Siargao and forecast with one week ahead, purchase orders to be done in Cebu
- Supervise together with the Chef, breakfast service (alternating one week each other)
- Supervise lunch preparation by the morning team
- To ensure that fair discipline is maintained.
- To ensure that all team members are treated fairly and with commonly accepted courtesy.
- To ensure that timetables, leave rosters and attendance registers are up-to-date.
- To ensure that all maintenance problems are timeously reported and followed up.
- To ensure that all communications between restaurant and kitchen run smoothly.
- To ensure that each team member receives the correct orders for the appropriate tables.
- To ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation and correct temperature.
- To ensure that the dining room/ restaurant personnel are "standing by" when delicate dishes are served.
- To ensure that regular on-the-job training is carried out so that team members perform their duties correctly.
- To further your own knowledge of management methods and principles to ensure future advancement and further upgrading in management standards to enhance guest experience.
- Discipline the kitchen staff to improve their performance.
- Carry out the kitchen inventory every month. (Every 31)
- To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to.
- Maintain and improve the sanitary hygienic measures required by the chef.
- Save all products made in plastics with the date of preparation and the name of what is inside.
- Cleaning and disinfection of the refrigerators and chillers every week.
- Maintain an order in the refrigerators in terms of product. Separating in each of them in the space that can. Lactic / Meats / Fish / Processed products / Vegetables
- Maintain a logical order of product storage in the cold storage and dry storage. All labeling, which can be differentiated at a glance.
- Clean once a month with the team, the whole kitchen. Including the extractors, stoves, oven, and shelves.
- Give to taste and share with the Chef .all the elaborations made throughout the day.
- Constant communication with the chef, The Sous Chef together with the Chef are responsible and in charge of the operation of the Kitchen. A high level of communication is very important to make sure everything runs perfectly. Implication in this aspect will be a must.
For more information about the company, visit our website: